Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JMP JMP: Interview Invites General Discussion

N

nb

hey!
So I understand that VIC applicants will get interviews later towards January. MY question is, will the cut off be the same? So if tomorrow someone from NSW got an interview with a 90th percentile UCAT, a VIC applicant with a UCAT any higher than that person is guaranteed an interview? Or do the cut offs vary?

someday

hey!
So I understand that VIC applicants will get interviews later towards January. MY question is, will the cut off be the same? So if tomorrow someone from NSW got an interview with a 90th percentile UCAT, a VIC applicant with a UCAT any higher than that person is guaranteed an interview? Or do the cut offs vary?
my theory is that it depends on whether or whether not JMP decides on a specific number of interstate interview invites. If they do then I can see the cutoff varying, since if they invite say 500 NSW and 300 interstate then interstate invites could be more competitive.
this is just my personal guess - maybe you could go through last year's invite thread and see if the results vary

Reactions: nb

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
hey!
They’ll be the same.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
I think he just assumed since we interview much later than the rest
To the best of my memory, the invites historically have been sent all at the same time regardless of the interview "round" that you'll be part of.

A1

Rookie Doc
@nb why do you say Victorians will receive invites later?

For anyone interested in history ;)
- In my year JMP sent invites together, but by slow mail so I in Perth received it 2-3 days after local Newcastle/Sydney applicants.
- The next year JMP sent them together by email, everyone received roughly the same day
- Last year iirc JMP selected all interviewees together (i.e. same cutoff) but sent emails to local+Qld+rural first, other interstates about two weeks later.
- This year ????

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
For anyone interested in history ;)
- In my year JMP sent invites together, but by slow mail so I in Perth received it 2-3 days after local Newcastle/Sydney applicants.
- The next year JMP sent them together by email, everyone received roughly the same day
- Last year iirc JMP selected all interviewees together (i.e. same cutoff) but sent emails to local+Qld+rural first, other interstates about two weeks later.
- This year ????
They really should make the timeline on their website much clearer, otherwise the interstaters will be frantically refreshing emails for 2 weeks!

A1

Rookie Doc

I remember last year someone posted an email from JMP's Sue Gardner assuring interstate (non-Qld) applicants the cutoff was the same 2840 for them, don't panic their invites would be coming later, but I can't find it. So I checked the long way in the collated data thread - lots of JMP invites appeared on 28-Oct but all were NSW/QLD/rural, the first interstate invites appeared on 13-Nov.

susieq271

I questioned this the other day and was told that by this afternoon NSW, QLD, ACT and all rural applicants will get their invite later today. Interstate non-rural, NZ will get theirs on Monday.

N

nb

Key dates I don't see anything that suggests they wouldn't. nb why do you say Victorians will receive invites later?
I just thought maybe because our exams/results got pushed back... Never mind though, I guess all interstates get it at same time

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
+ IB results have always come out after New Years', although that's not relevant here either

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Interview details can be posted here if you're happy to share, thank you.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
did they say what the cut off was?

This information is never in the interview email. JMP may release the information later today (tomorrow... next week...), but we will likely see it here pretty quickly as people report their invites.