Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JMP Interview Offers 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

meethu

JMP interview offers have been released! The letters are on their way - good luck to everyone who applied.

meimei

How do you know, Meethu? Did you get an offer? Today is going to drag on dreadfully if there's a chance I might have something in the mail when I get home - I'd resigned myself to not hearing until Friday!

Jack

Do you mean they've just started posting them? I checked my mail not long ago, all i got was a few bills = ( did they mention anything of cutoffs?

meethu

I called Tracy Bristow about an hour ago because I wanted to be considered with the NSW applicants for the interview becasue I might be going away in late Jan. To my surprise - she just asked my UMAT number to check if i was succesfull and it turned out I was! Sorry I didnt ask for anything else - i was too pleased to recieve an interview after being rejected by two unis in a row. The letters were sent yesterday so expect to recieve them either today or tommorow.

meimei

Oh, I may have to call Tracy at lunch time! You should post your UMAT score again (I'm too lazy to look it up, sorry!) so that we can start to get an idea of cut-offs (as should everyone else who receives offers - along with whether you're being considered under any special categories.

theangelofdarkness

International Member of Mystery
Emeritus Staff
Now now, let's not all spam Tracey. She's a very busy woman and is busy looking after ME :p

sangeetha

hahahahaha yeah
it's taking all of my self control not to reach for the phone
so would that mean that nsw addresses would receive it today? i live in victoria but i've put my dad's address in nsw as my contact thingo.
if someone in nsw HAS received their offer, POST HERE PLEASE, and put me out of my misery.

meethu

I got a measly UMAT score of 172 - but luckily im rural. I think the rural and even the regional cutoff is likely to be even lower than my score going from previous years. and meimei you have absolutely nothing to worry about with ur killer UMAT score. U'll get interviews everywhere u applied so there's no point calling Tracy at all!

Last edited:

meimei

Don't worry, I won't *actually* be calling Tracy. Though it's tempting.

Meethu, I only applied to UNCLE. I'm just paranoid that I messed up my UAC form and I won't get an interview because of that. [offtopic](I had to send them my marriage certificate because I changed my name, and they sent me an invoice for 'late lodgement', saying they wouldn't accept my application - though it actually got there on time anyway. They told me it was fine over the phone, but wouldn't confirm by email, even just to say that I didn't have to pay the fees. Drama, drama, drama.)[/offtopic]

Do you know when your date is? And congratulations!

meimei

Congratulations, Hydroxide! You should post your scores and streams here so that we can get an idea of the cut-offs. When is your interview?

meimei

I forgot to ask lol.....Tracey said I should get the letter tomorow though:lol:
Haha that's something I would do! I'm trying to resist the temptation to call, because given that I'm in the ACT, my letter is probably in my mailbox already (UAC paranoia aside), and I'm sure Tracey's phone is ringing off the hook already. The fact that I'm at work helps - no one here knows I'm trying to get into med, and I'm in an open plan office.

I wonder why they don't send interview offers out by mail? I'd have thought that'd be easier, administratively.

asdf123

Hey Hydroxide. Congrats on the interview! Did you by any chance find out when the interviews are being held? For both NSW and interstate applicants?

zvyx

oh wow 178...cmon just a teeny bit lower..

and congrats all who got an interview =)

Status
Not open for further replies.