Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

LaTrobe La Trobe Dentistry: General Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 34945
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34945

hello,
I wanted to know if non school leavers can still apply to La Trobe with UCAT and ATAR instead of GPA?
Thanks.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Did you try searching the LaTrobe website for their admissions criteria before posting here? LaTrobe dentistry don't even use UCAT in their admissions criteria. I think it's been mentioned many times that your ATAR is too low for undergraduate dentistry in Australia. You need to start tertiary study and apply through the non-standard or graduate entry pathways using your GPA.

D

Deleted member 34945

Thanks for your reply,
I did mail La Trobe with the entry requirements before I posted and they were the one who told UCAT is the primary selection criteria and ATAR/GPA as the secondary criteria for dentistry 2020 intake.
Well, I agree my ATAR is low and I was asking to apply as a non standard applicant.

Attachments

• C607EAFD-A1FE-49C5-8577-70412515BD3B.png
    C607EAFD-A1FE-49C5-8577-70412515BD3B.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 467

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
That’s new. LaTrobe aren’t even listed as one of the universities on the UCAT website. Clearly some updates of the LaTrobe and UCAT sites need to be made.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Well, I agree my ATAR is low and I was asking to apply as a non standard applicant.

You were asking to apply as a non-standard but with "UCAT and ATAR instead of GPA". Hence Crow's comment about your ATAR being too low.

D

Deleted member 34945

Okay,
its because la trobe mentioned both the gpa and atar as a requirement in their response. should have mentioned this before.

In 2017 for 2018 entry, for standard applicants (fresh from year 12), only ATAR was required (and quite high, 99+)
for nonstandard, it was based on UMAT with a threshold GPA of 5.0+.
NO idea whats its going to be like for 2019 for 2020 entry

wagwan

Do u reckon a gpa 6 from UQ and a 86th percentile UCAT would be good enough to get in or maybe borderline?

ucatman

I am a school leaver with a UCAT of 78/79 percentile and hoping to get an ATAR of 99.4/99.5. What are my chances for La Trobe Dentistry?

Tomato

I am a school leaver with a UCAT of 78/79 percentile and hoping to get an ATAR of 99.4/99.5. What are my chances for La Trobe Dentistry?

For school leaver no UCAT is required. Your ATAR should be ok for La Trobe dentistry according to the recent years' results. BTW, have you selected Biology?

gberry1

Because UCAT has been and gone so I thought you would’ve confirmed if it was part of the admissions criteria before sitting the exam!
unfortunately i missed cut-off date for UCAT and have been researching dental courses which don't require it! Is this the first year La Trobe has offered dental health science because i only found out about it yesterday!