Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Life after completing medicine

DBroFist

Hey. So I'm a student from Sri Lanka who is going to applying to UNSW. I just wanna know what
supposed to do after finishing med. My friends say that I have to work for 4 years in Aussie for low pay. :(
i just wanna know if this is true.

Also is there a chance of me being sent back here to Sri Lanka?

Havox

Sword and Martini Guy!
Emeritus Staff
I would go with go with probable unemployment. International students are already being passed over for internships which are necessary for registration as a medical practitioners. In short, don't count on being able to get a job here after graduating so unless you are confident of getting position back home you should consider a venture here a significant risk.

DBroFist

I would go with go with probable unemployment. International students are already being passed over for internships which are necessary for registration as a medical practitioners. In short, don't count on being able to get a job here after graduating so unless you are confident of getting position back home you should consider a venture here a significant risk.
Ok. I also have another option. Studying medicine in India. The fees are somewhat same but the course is only 4.5 years and then 1 year of compulsory practice in India. So better to study there? Cause even if I get a job there I will not accept it. I'll anyways come back to Sri Lanka :(

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads