Lowest GPA for JCU Dentistry

Discussion in 'James Cook University' started by jiaxing, Nov 22, 2017.

1. jiaxing

jiaxing Member

Hi everyone!

I’ve researched quite a bit on MSO for the past GPAs that students have got to get into Dentistry at JCU. However, I can’t find much; most of MSO is dedicated to Medicine.

So, if there’s anybody out there who is doing Dentistry at JCU, could you please let me know what GPA is ideal for entry (assuming you have a decent application)?

PS. I’m non-rural, from Sydney, and have over 3 weeks experience shadowing dentists (one of these is a rural overseas experience).

2. Austin

Austin New Member

A 5.5 is the minimum to get an interview. I think I've seen some offers given on this GPA considering very strong interviews and written apps.

3. ajs604

ajs604 Member

Hi I have a GPA of 5.31. I was told if I had a good application and interview I may stand a chance on getting an interview. Have I been mislead?

4. Mana

Mana Resident Medical Officer (UNDS MBBS) Administrar

Junior Medical Officer
    No, but you might want to know that having a 'good' application for JCU with that GPA usually means you have spent a large portion of your life living in a rural setting - especially rural QLD - as well as having reasonable experience with the Indigenous Australian population. If you don't fulfill either of those, it's going to be pretty damn hard to make an application strong enough to offset a GPA of 5.3.