Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Mana's Gold Star competition #1 for 2020 - acquire a new skill!

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
So with some discussion on the MSO discord I have decided that I will run one more gold star competition.

As it appears that no one has learned to draw the point of this competition is to get you to branch out and learn a new skill! (Of course, if you know how to draw, that doesn't mean you can't participate, it just means you learnt the skill before I made the competition.)

So here is how it goes:

1. Draw or illustrate (using any medium - pen/pencil on paper, paint or digitally hand-draw using a tablet) a picture. The only limitation is that the drawing must be entirely done by you (so it can't just be colouring in someone else's art). If it is done on paper, just take a photo of it! Also, somewhere in the image, sign the image with your username in the corner. (also: please make the image safe for work)

2. Send it via PM to me (Mana). Do not post it in this thread (so that the votes can be anonymous). I will add the images to this thread. People are allowed to react and like to posts but these will not count - the only votes that count are from #3. (Yes, to ensure anonymity I will crop the signed username out of the image - try and put it somewhere in the corner!)

3. At the end of the voting period, if you have entered the contest, I will request that you vote for one other entrant via PM to me. The votes will be tallied and the winner will receive a gold star!

(A suggestion of things to draw if you can't think of anything: a landscape of an island, mountain, forest, plains, or swamp... or an image you would use as an MSO avatar)

As a reminder, this is what a gold star is redeemable for:

1. permanent change of username colour to a colour of your choice
2. restore or grant access to chatbox (or discord) to someone who does not have access
3. permanent change of username to a username of your choice (you can use Unicode symbols!)
4. increase inbox size

You have until the end of January 8 2021 to PM me your pictures (otherwise Crow will be very mad as we will eat into the start of his term).

Encouragement is for everyone who doesn't know how to draw to give it a go - you don't get good at something unless you are first bad at it!

Last edited:

Mana

Administrator
Okay, so:

If your artwork has been posted here, please send me a PM with your vote on which post you would vote for (other than yours).

Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: 2xq

Mana

Administrator
And the winner (obtaining three out of seven total votes) is entry #3!

I am going to be editing the posts to have the signatures in them, but the winner is incorrectpanda with entry #3!