Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Mannix College

Snuffbox

The Thinker
So I've got my phone interview tomorrow, does anyone know the type of questions they ask? Or what phone interviews are like in general? Harder or easier than face-to-face ones?

(And roughly how long it will go for...I believe I'll be the one calling them)

Last edited:

warp

Hey Lula would you be able to tell me how long your interview went for as I have one and I'm a bit nervous

meethu

I can tell u the interview is nothing to worried about. I had it last week and it was really relaxed. They only asked us 3 very general q's - about yourself, ur interests outside school stuff like that. Most of the session was about them telling you about mannix, so after med interviews this should be a breeze.

Phoenix

Hi I'm from WA and I've only just decided to accept my Monash Offer. Does anyone know if Manix college is full up? I know that applications should have been in AGES ago, but I'm hoping they have some places.
Can anyone recommend any alternate residential halls which may not be full up? How do I find out about these halls? I'm kinda new at this :)

jlimster

yeh i'm in the same situation i'm from sydney, so is there anything left, anywhere on campus? would be much appreciated if sumone could help! =]

woozy

I emailed the On-campus admission officer 2 days ago and they said they are all full already @@

All accommodation or just that college? They are supposed to reserve alot places for international students, interstaters, etc.

warp

Anyone know if ancillary fees are a one-off or if you repay them annually?

I presume that some of them are payable every year but some are once off. For example the academic gown is yours once you have paid for it. The bond would have to be paid every year but if you get the previous one back in full you can use that. Some of the things are consumable such as the Internet Usage credit, you pay for what you use and this would apply to the Telephone credit. The other things are an annual fee such as the Student Amenities Fee, MCSS Annaul Dinner, O Week, MOCA subscription, Student Mag, Capital Levy and Environmental Levy.

Snuffbox

The Thinker
You would only pay O-week fees once wouldn't you? We wouldn't normally attend them twice! The captain levy sounds ridiculous btw...

warp

You would only pay O-week fees once wouldn't you? We wouldn't normally attend them twice! The captain levy sounds ridiculous btw...

Yep sorry I think the O-Week is just for first years so only once. I think the O-Week fee is specific to the activities that Mannix puts on and not the uni ones.

jet66

I see on the Mannix website that there is a lot of stuff about Catholic religion. I am particularly non-religious and would find frequent compulsory religious rituals or ceremonies at College quite off putting. Can anyone comment on the extent of religious themed stuff that goes on at Mannix?

I see on the Mannix website that there is a lot of stuff about Catholic religion. I am particularly non-religious and would find frequent compulsory religious rituals or ceremonies at College quite off putting. Can anyone comment on the extent of religious themed stuff that goes on at Mannix?

It's run by the Catholic church but it doesn't force you to go to any religious events.

Paddyld

Hey guys- havnt been on MSO for a while- currently a first year meddie at monash and staying at Mannix- just a heads up, $1570 per month, regular "function" events every thursday, however provides a mix of a good study environment and social activites (great library to study in). The O-week they run is separate from the uni, which is both a positive and negative in the sense you bond really closely with the Mannix people but have to organise when you check out stuff over at the uni in your own time.
Definitely NOT over-religious, we have Catholic mass once a week, however I am one of only 4 who attend :p
Relatively strong drinking culture, though weekly tutoring included (pretty handy).

In all, quality place to live, though expensive for what it offers,
Good luck