Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

MBBS/PhD & Maths Enrichment

Any of the older kids heard of the MBBS/PhD program which Monash are apprently developing?

Also, anyone else know much about the Mathematics Enrichment?

thushan

Woah mate, you're keen!

From what I know, it's a 7 year program where you extend your BMedSci into a PhD.

Calem

Ol' Man River
Just got an email about Maths Enrichment. Decided to go, even though I didn't do Spesh.
Anyone else planning on going?

FD42

yeah, seems like a good idea. I haven't done spesh either (just did further and methods), so I hope there's not to much of it in the course.

Did you have to enroll in the program by now?

Calem

Ol' Man River
There wasn't a date in the email I got sent, but I guess ASAP. It looks like it's in a tute room, so probably couldn't handle more than 25 people.

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
How did you non-spesh kids find it? There was a fair amount of it in my opinion...

Calem

Ol' Man River
How did you non-spesh kids find it? There was a fair amount of it in my opinion...
He's moving a bit too fast through the maths for me. But apart from that it's cool.
Once I've learnt a bit more of the language I'll be fine.

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
He's moving a bit too fast through the maths for me. But apart from that it's cool.
Once I've learnt a bit more of the language I'll be fine.

Well that program didn't run too well :( Now cancelled.

thushan

For what it's worth, the MBBS/PhD is going ahead. Approved by Academic Board. Will be a 7-8 year program. Looks good.

Tupac4life

When are they planning to start this program then?

Are they planning to make a graduate only category for medicine entry and abolishing undergraduate entry into medicine at Monash now?

For what it's worth, the MBBS/PhD is going ahead. Approved by Academic Board. Will be a 7-8 year program. Looks good.

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
Are they planning to make a graduate only category for medicine entry and abolishing undergraduate entry into medicine at Monash now?

Nope, that's not happening (yet).

The program looks to be tailored at undergrads (MBBS) who can opt to do a PhD if they have the high enough grades.