Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

MBChB Entry - General Discussion and Questions

Applied for: MBChB
FY/Graduate: Graduate
GPA: 8.56
UCAT scaled score: 2480 (51st percentile for UCAT ANZ)
RRAS: No
UTAS: No
MAPAS: No
Interview: Completed
Offer: Accepted
Hi bat123, Did you get your bahcelors degree from UoA? My UCAT is also 51% . I will be entering FY this year . I took the UCAT as I was trying to get in Australia Uni. Thinking of getting a degree and going for graduate entry instead as i am stressed out with the UCAT and want to take a break from it as i find it very hard.

Everything changed when Biomed attacked:(
Hi bat123, Did you get your bahcelors degree from UoA? My UCAT is also 51% . I will be entering FY this year . I took the UCAT as I was trying to get in Australia Uni. Thinking of getting a degree and going for graduate entry instead as i am stressed out with the UCAT and want to take a break from it as i find it very hard.
Iam not bat123 but I would advise trying your best in FY and using graduate as your back up because working very hard for 1 year is better than working very hard for 3 years. If it’s ucat you are worried about then I don’t think it’s that big of a deal compared to your gpa and interview in UoA...and I’m sure you will only improve this year wen u give it a second go. Better to start working on things like your reading speed for sections like VR because they take time to improve (I learned tht the hard way). UoA only uses your raw score for ucat rather than your percentile so the difference between a 50th percentile candidate and a 90th percentile is not as big (you can easily make up for tht with your gpa and interview.

P.s. I had 2550 (62nd percentile, so not that much difference between your score and mine)

If you have any other questions let me know.

I agree with the Avatar. Try ur best to get three a+ for the cores in sem 1. If you want any free advice, flick me a message. Iam happy to help anyone who needs help.

bat123

No, I got my degree at AUT but the GPA scale is the same as UoA. My GPA is calculated using the marks I got from my Masters which was a combination of taught papers and a 120 pt thesis, also I'm a non-science grad so I'm not sure how helpful my input will be on this but I'm free to answer any additional questions if you have them.