Med and Dent - 2018 Entry (Place Offers and Discussion)

Discussion in 'Offers Forum' started by LMG!, Nov 26, 2017.

1. cc000

cc000 Member

That sounds like you had a really good interview!! My UMAT was 91%, ATAR 98.50, RRMA 4. I'm pretty disappointed cause I thought my interview went okay.... oh well. Did you attend any other interviews?

2. LMG!

LMG! UTAS MBBS I Moderator

Clinical Psychologist
    It appears you can call UNSW to see where you are on their waitlist, if this is a course of action that interests you? You might be in line for a second round offer.

Cookie and jelli like this.
  3. cc000

cc000 Member

Yep I've called, they told me how far I am down the list, not too far
    I would have received a bonded offer if I'd expressed interest in one

4. meredith

meredith Member

^Can you do the same for JMP?

5. LMG!

Clinical Psychologist
    Oh, LOL! It was probably you whose post I read saying about calling UNSW! Apologies :D And best of luck. Any reason why you didn't want a BMP? It's not that big a deal these days, imo. Though others may have a different idea.

6. cc000

cc000 Member

not sure I don't have my interview till next week
    does depend on the uni though I tried ringing Griffith and they wouldn't tell me anything

7. Plopper Pig

Plopper Pig Member

Course Type: Med
    Offer Received: No
    University: UNSW, WSU, UoN, UTAS
    UMAT: 99%ile (204: 73, 56, 75)
    ATAR and GPA: 96.65, 6.375
    Special Considerations:
    Offer Type:
    Other Information:
    Finished 1st year physiotherapy @ WSU 2017.
    Results code for each application:
    UNSW: I- You are not eligible for an offer to this course as you do not meet the additional selection criteria
    WSU: Q- You have no outstanding selection criteria that will prevent you receiving an offer, however offers were made to more competitive applicants.
    UoN: B- Your level of achievement in your qualifications is below the minimum standard required to be considered for an offer to this course

Tried really hard to get in this year to make up for my atar. At least i can say that i did my best :\

By the way, could anybody tell me why I got an (I) and a (B) for a results code for UNSW and UoN? I thought i would at least get a (Q) because I interviewed at both the unis...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  8. LMG!

Clinical Psychologist
    UTAS non-rural, non-standard offers haven’t gone out yet. That said, your S2 may be your downfall, unfortunately.

Best of luck for second round offers though.

ETA: the B for JMP is clearly an error. You definitely meet the qualification requirements.

9. Plopper Pig

Plopper Pig Member

Oh nice! So there might be a chance at 2018 med after all haha. I did find the B for JMP quite odd. Is there anything wrong with the I for UNSW? The full description for the (I) is "You are not eligible for an offer to this course as you do not meet the additional selection criteria. If you do not know what the additional selection criteria are for this course, check the course description by using UAC’s course search." Does it have to do with not meeting interview standards?

10. Henzells

Henzells Member

So what letter means you’re unlikely but possible for future rounds?

11. Plopper Pig

Plopper Pig Member

I believe its Q. It's description on my UAC rejection letter is "You have no outstanding selection criteria that will prevent you receiving an offer, however offers were made to more competitive applicants."

12. Henzells

Henzells Member

I DIdnt get an email. Due to not preferencing JMP. But when I called them they told me i got B.
    Does this mean I was eliminated via PQA?
    Sorry, I just don’t know much about this.

13. Plopper Pig

Plopper Pig Member

"B= Your level of achievement in your qualifications is below the minimum standard required to be considered for an offer to this course. Contact the relevant institution to discuss possible alternative entry pathways and options of improving your eligibility." Pretty much means that you didn't meet the minimum academic score or minimum UMAT score (not sure about the specific scores though)

I'm in the same boat as you right now haha. LMG thinks it's a mistake (for my results) and since you attended the interview+PQA (which requires you to meet the minimum requirements), I think they're gonna assume the same for you.
    However since you've gotten a B as well, i'm thinking you might be right about it being about the PQA. It might be classed as part of the "minimum requirements"

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    zoe179 likes this.
  14. k4ps

k4ps Member

Hey just curious, who did you call to ask about this? I called the Newcastle JMP number but they said to call Susan Gardner and she wasn't available. What time did you call? I got a B code as well so I wanted to find out from them as well if I might have a shot at a future offer.
    ETA - I was suspicious of PQA as well but it seems a lot of people are getting the B code for JMP but I thought only a few were eliminated via the PQA.

zoe179 likes this.
  15. spccr63

spccr63 Member

I spoke to a friend who works at UoN and he said that quite a few people called up yesterday in regards to B codes for the JMP. Not sure what the deal is but the admissions team confirmed that they definitely did meet the academic cut off, but didn't do well enough in the interview/PQA. Not sure if it's a UoN thing or a UAC thing but the B code appears to be an error.

zoe179 likes this.
  16. woodsy

woodsy WSU MBBS I

I got the B code too! I called yesterday and left my name and number, but haven’t got a call back yet. I got an offer for WSU as it was my first preference, but would really like a JMP offer next round. It would be great if we could get a reason on why we got the B code!

17. Henzells

Henzells Member

Yeah cos i got the umat to get in and above the 94.3 min atar, so that’s why I’m suggesting maybe it’s the PQA.
    (I said Mr J should steal the money for his wife so I wouldn’t be surprised at all)

I just called 1300 ASK UON and they spoke to the admissions team for me. Alternatively you email. Though both would have to wait til Monday.

zoe179 and k4ps like this.
  18. k4ps

k4ps Member

Yea I haven't got a call back yet either. Just hoping there's a chance of a second round offer and we haven't all been eliminated already.

19. Turkey

Turkey Member

Hey, I was able to enroll in JMP UNE med course yesterday, hope I was supposed to? Haha

20. EllaC

EllaC Member

What's the difference between the b and x code then? I met the uni and umat cutoffs and had an interview in November. I received the x code though... Very bizarre.