Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Med and Dent - 2020 Entry (Offers - DATA ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Please contribute to the information we collect so that we can continue to support students going through the admissions process in the future. As with other threads, I will collate all the gathered information into a single post at some stage.

Completing the following template is a good place to start:

Course Type: (Med or Dent)
Offer Received: (Yes or No - 'no' offers are just as useful to us, so if you feel comfortable, please share. You can also PM mods if you'd rather contribute anonymously)
University:
UCAT:
(%ile rank, raw score, section scores)
ATAR or GPA:
Special Considerations:
(rural, GWS, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, EAS, etc)
Offer Type: (CSP or BMP)
Other Information: (ie. multiple offers received, intending to reject, intending to defer)

Questions, comments, and other discussion related to actual (NOT hypothetical) offers also welcome in this thread.

Edit by Crow: this is now a data only thread as LMG needs to be able to collate the offer data and this becomes too difficult with other posts. Please post discussion in the University-specific entry discussion threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
LaTrobe Dentistry offers reported informally in the Dentistry thread today.

1. GPA: 6.875, UCAT: 97th %ile
2. GPA: unknown, UCAT: 97th %ile

Reactions: Ems

ganshenme

Course Type: Dent
Offer Received: Yes
University: La Trobe University
UCAT: 96% (2990, VR: 640, DM: 770, QR: 870, AR: 710, SJ: 641)
ATAR or GPA: 98.65 (2018), predicted 6.8
Special Considerations: N/A
Offer Type: CSP
Other Information: Aspire, possibly rejecting for UQ when offers come in January

apk22

Course: Med
Offer received: Yes
Uni: UTAS
UCAT: 76%ile, 542 sjt
ATAR: 97.6 (gap year)
Special Considerations: Rural, Tasmanian
Other info: Don’t think so?

ltwilson.25

Course: Med
Offer received: Yes
Uni: UTAS
UCAT: 76%ile, 542 sjt
ATAR: 97.6 (gap year)
Special Considerations: Rural, Tasmanian
Other info: Don’t think so?

Was this the only time offers have been made to rural students? Since myself and Apk22 are both rural gap year students, if my marks were high enough, should I have already received an offer as well? Or are there later rounds I should be aware of?

Thanks so much!

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Was this the only time offers have been made to rural students? Since myself and Apk22 are both rural gap year students, if my marks were high enough, should I have already received an offer as well? Or are there later rounds I should be aware of?

Thanks so much!

There are later rounds, and then informal top-ups via phone right through to O week.

What are your scores?

MrWhippe

Doesn't fall under the usual or most common passages of entry, but thought I would post it here anyway for data's sake. Recently completed a single year of Health Sciences at La Trobe, with a view to studying Dentistry or Medicine in 2020. Applied for an Internal transfer into La Trobe's Dental program (which they reserve a handful of spots for each year) and just received my offer.

Course Type: Dentistry
University: La Trobe
UCAT: Not assessed when transferring internally
ATAR or GPA: WAM of 90.9 (Internal transfers are based entirely on WAM)
Special Considerations: NA
Other Information: Accepting and will likely retain, though will have to do some serious contemplation based on further offers.

Tears and champagne haven't stopped flowing.

Doesn't fall under the usual or most common passages of entry, but thought I would post it here anyway for data's sake. Recently completed a single year of Health Sciences at La Trobe, with a view to studying Dentistry or Medicine in 2020. Applied for an Internal transfer into La Trobe's Dental program (which they reserve a handful of spots for each year) and just received my offer.

University: La Trobe
UCAT: Not assessed when transferring internally
ATAR or GPA: WAM of 90.9 (Internal transfers are based entirely on WAM)
Special Considerations: NA
Other Information: Accepting and will likely retain, though will have to do some serious contemplation based on further offers.

Tears and champagne haven't stopped flowing.
Hi, just wanted to ask if you know whether that was an early round offer or whether that was a first round offer? As official release of exam results arent out until tomorrow, im confused as to whether they will roll out more offers after tomorrow?

MrWhippe

Hi, just wanted to ask if you know whether that was an early round offer or whether that was a first round offer? As official release of exam results arent out until tomorrow, im confused as to whether they will roll out more offers after tomorrow?
I believe this was an early offer round, exclusively for those looking to transfer internally. From what I've observed, the majority of internal transfer offers go out this week, though they do top-ups all the way through December, Jan and Feb.

Are you a La Trobe student looking to transfer internally? Happy to talk over private message. I've done extensive research into how this pathway worked in past years, and have been talking with 2 others who also just received offers, so might have some insights for you.

Hi, Yes I am referring to internal transfer. I couldn't navigate the site to send you a private message haha, can you message me first haha?

MrWhippe

Hi, Yes I am referring to internal transfer. I couldn't navigate the site to send you a private message haha, can you message me first haha?
Top right side of your screen on MSO, you should see a mail icon. Click this, and you should have a message from me.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    3.3 KB · Views: 47

Misa

University: CSU
UCAT: 2880 92%ile (cbs to fine break down again lol)
ATAR or GPA: None yet
Special Considerations: (rural, GWS, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, EAS, etc) No
Other Information: Accepting and moving down preferences

doggy

Offer Received: Yes sir!
UCAT: 96%
ATAR or GPA: 6.44
Special Considerations: None
Other Information: Accepting but waiting for other offers

Email from UAC received at 2:03 am (I accidentally deleted the email and for a solid 5 minutes I was convinced I had dreamt it all)
Note: I had CSU as my second preference in UAC.

Course Type: dent
Offer Received: y
UCAT: 2880
ATAR or GPA: predicted 98.35-98.5
Special Considerations: (rural, GWS, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, EAS, etc)
Other Information: accept + moving down

Offer Received: Yes, 12:33am (Darwin time)
UCAT: 2410
ATAR: 91.85
Special Considerations: Rural (NSW & NT), ADF
Other Information: accepted and moved down preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.