• MSO wishes all applicants the best of luck in the UCAT!
    Remember, it is important not to post content about specific questions until this season is over (feel free to message a moderator about questions that we can collate later) but we would love to hear about your experiences and results!
    Cheers, Mana
    P.S. you can't dismiss this message

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Medentry interview training course

whatIsMed

Hi everyone
I'm thinking of signing up for the medentry interview training course, but not sure if it's worth the 490 bucks. Has anyone had experience with it? If so did it help much?

k4ps

Personally,
Didn't help me very much, a lot of the things they discussed were found on MSO. It was a bit like the 2 day course, a lot of talking from the lecturer (not absolutely useless of course or they wouldn't have anyone going at all). But I think you could spend 7 hours (or however long it is I don't really remember) better. Wasn't worth 490 dollars. One benefit was that you got a feel of how prepared everyone else was but again not worth 490 bucks. I can tell you now there's a mix in terms of interview preparedness (obviously) - I'd guess around 60% at least have done minimal preparation (don't be complacent, you might be one of them and some of them will have started preparing since they went to the training course), 30-35% were ok and 5-10% were good (then again these numbers were just based off 2 interview courses I attended; so a sample size of around 40 I bought the diamond package so I had one course I wouldn't want to be wasting my money on, and my dad told me to buy a second in case their course for a different uni was good). So a summary - not horrible but personally didn't find it the best use of around 9 hours (inc transport) or 490 dollars. Another downside I suppose is that you have to share some personal stuff with 15-20 strangers which you may or may not be comfortable doing. Also if you're really worried about maximising your competitiveness and think you're someone who has intelligent things to say already, people might use your answers in their interview making it harder for you to stand out (maybe an extreme thing to consider, might even be unlikely you get the same interviewer).
In the end its your choice, people say they developed their confidence which wasn't really the case for me, each person only got to answer 2 questions in front of the group (found it much more useful being interviewed by my parents). The feedback wasn't really personalised either (or very helpful they were wayyyy to nice to everybody). This one kid said he doesn't know why he wants to do medicine and the guy said yeah you just need to work on projecting your voice (which was the feedback given to most people).

Last edited:

Mana

Registrar
Administrar
In general, there is no evidence that targeted preparation courses increase performance in interviews over doing standard non-paid interview preparation.

If you read through MSO (and if you run out of our interview content somehow, go to pagingdr), you'll cover more than any 2 day interview course could possibly do so, except that you did so at the low, low price of "free".

whatIsMed

In general, there is no evidence that targeted preparation courses increase performance in interviews over doing standard non-paid interview preparation.

If you read through MSO (and if you run out of our interview content somehow, go to pagingdr), you'll cover more than any 2 day interview course could possibly do so, except that you did so at the low, low price of "free".
thank you so much for the advice!!