Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Medical School Complaints Options

govpop

Are you failing because of this? If not, my suggestion would be to accept that people will not always judge you fairly (this happens after medical school too) and not lose sleep over something that will not affect your end goal (graduating as a doctor).

LMG!

Admodistrator
I know the med soc in my school has multiple people doing advocacy roles but the school doesn't act on anything. I am actually not aware of an AMSA existing in the school but perhaps i haven't looked hard enough.

The med school is separated from the main campus so anything thats to the med school stays in the med school, doesn't go anywhere else unfortunately.
I know speaking with your AMSA rep has already been raised, and you mentioned you didn’t know if your uni had a rep. I can guarantee that they do, and recommend that you seek them out as you may be able to be more specific with them than you can be with us, and they may also have some first hand knowledge of what you’re talking about and access to additional contacts via AMSA.

I have no idea how helpful it will ultimately be, but given you seem to want a direction for who to contact, that is where I would start.

lactrys

Lurker
Are you failing because of this? If not, my suggestion would be to accept that people will not always judge you fairly (this happens after medical school too) and not lose sleep over something that will not affect your end goal (graduating as a doctor).
Sadly it's more than failing, I already know from day 1 the marking isn't going to be fair and if it doesn't affect me graduating then I honestly wouldn't worry about it so much. I am in distress about this whole saga from the school and the consultant in this thread who kindly donated his/her time replying this post is giving me the same answers I have been getting from the entire administration office, and asking for things I am not comfortable disclosing in this public forum. I am extremely against filing the complain within the university because I feel unsafe and the school is going to flag me for making a fuss. Excuse my language but this whole marking process has gotten me into so much sh*t it's not even funny. No one in the faculty remotely cares or even doing a thing about it. It is very one-sided and I had almost no say in this matter.

I know speaking with your AMSA rep has already been raised, and you mentioned you didn’t know if your uni had a rep. I can guarantee that they do, and recommend that you seek them out as you may be able to be more specific with them than you can be with us, and they may also have some first hand knowledge of what you’re talking about and access to additional contacts via AMSA.

I have no idea how helpful it will ultimately be, but given you seem to want a direction for who to contact, that is where I would start.
That's a good start actually, maybe I will have a look into that after exams and see if there could be a solution, or at least get some advise on how to manage this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

chinaski

You've got nothing to lose by speaking to AMSA, but be aware that they likely won't be able to create an alternative complaint pathway in which you can avoid making a formal statement. They may be able to assist or support you in the process, but the university is likely to stick to the pathway that is set down for all universities to follow (see link below). The uni isn't fobbing you off or trying to intimidate you by telling you what I've also said; they are simply advising you about the way in which they are obliged to handle complaints.

If anything, I would try to get AMSA to help resolve this at an administrative level first, which means returning to suggesting practical solutions to the problem (as per previous posts), and offering objective supportive evidence as to how the current system is untenable.