Medicine or Medical Laboratory Science?

Discussion in 'Other alternatives' started by strandash, Aug 22, 2015.

1. strandash

strandash New Member

Hello! I would be very grateful for any advice from anyone regarding my situation. I have been studying medicine at Otago University for the past 3 years and am currently on a gap year. For a while now I have been considering dropping out of my degree to do a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science degree. I had no idea of this career in high school, however I have friends who are studying it and from talking to them it seems like an interesting and possibly rewarding career. The better lifestyle/work balance is also a factor, as is the fact that I am not a very social person, and this job seems to complement my personality more. I just seem to be having massive anxiety over making this decision! (as med was something I had wanted for a long time) If anyone has any experience in these two fields (or Med Lab Sci) I would be really interested in hearing your thoughts!
    Many thanks

2. yippie_

yippie_ New Member

Hey, unfortunately I don't have many thoughts for you since I'm sort of in the same boat at the moment - making a decision between Medical Laboratory Science at QUT and Medical Science (Pre-Med) at Griffith. Since it's been 5 months or so, I was wondering what did you end up choosing?! Much thanks.