Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Melbourne Bbiomed course jan 2010..anyone there??

Zi-5ean

Hi there, started this thread so as to meet others interested in doing the bachelor of biomedicine course starting January 2010 at the university of melbourne. I'll be attending hopefully [ considering I get the visa soon enough] just wanted to meet people before I actually depart from here...I think it'll be a great moral boost!!

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
For some reason, it seems to be not such a popular choice on this site.

Don't get me wrong, I am not questioning the quality of the degree or anything, but it seems that most people who come to this website want to do med/dent/pharm... or something else that qualifies you as a health professional of some sort once you graduate.

Hi by the way.

vexx

For some reason, it seems to be not such a popular choice on this site.

Don't get me wrong, I am not questioning the quality of the degree or anything, but it seems that most people who come to this website want to do med/dent/pharm... or something else that qualifies you as a health professional of some sort once you graduate.

Hi by the way.

But biomed is a good undergraduate course for a graduate medicine program...

Zi-5ean

But as far I know, in the near future the MBBS system is going to be replaced by the graduate entry program, & anyways melbourne is a great university and since they have started it I believe there will be a lot more universities following this trend. By the way Mana are u an international student??
@ godoftoast, I guess you're really good at solving puzzles yup, bangladesh it is (y)

theillestill

Ludwig's Mangina
But biomed is a good undergraduate course for a graduate medicine program...

Not necessarily as you can do the pre-reqs for graduate medicine with basically any course at Melbourne uni.

The only advantage is you if get a guaranteed entry spot into graduate medicine which requires like a 99.95.

vexx

Not necessarily as you can do the pre-reqs for graduate medicine with basically any course at Melbourne uni.

The only advantage is you if get a guaranteed entry spot into graduate medicine which requires like a 99.95.

i'm pretty sure you can only do the prerequisites in Bachelor of Science or Biomed; this is what they told me as apparently you can't do them all as breadth.
guaranteed is 99 for fullfee and 99.9 for CSP.

but biomed is the preferred route for medicine, but science is just as awesome (yy)

hamster

i'm pretty sure you can only do the prerequisites in Bachelor of Science or Biomed; this is what they told me as apparently you can't do them all as breadth.

but biomed is the preferred route for medicine, but science is just as awesome (yy)

i heard that there's no intake for undergrad students for mbbs into uni of Melb next year...is that true?

vexx

i heard that there's no intake for undergrad students for mbbs into uni of Melb next year...is that true?

i thought the last intake for the MBBS was this year?
and then the graduate program begins in 2011.

theillestill

Ludwig's Mangina
last take of MBBS was last year - but it was the 4.5 year graduate entry.

no intake this year.

4 Year-post grad MD in 2011

theillestill

Ludwig's Mangina

It doesn't matter to them as long as you've got a high GPA, done well on the GAMSAT and have fulfilled the obligate courses (biochem, anatomy and physiology @ a 2nd year level or higher).

This means you could do say engineering as your undergraduate degree and pick up the courses you need whenever through breadth. Thing with breadth is it has to be in a faculty outside your own. If you do science, you can't do a science breadth.

Zi-5ean

Hey is it just me or are there a lot of bangladeshi people on this forum?? :blink::blink: I kno of ashy but anyone else...who is applyin as an international student?? Anyways since most of you are elder to me I would like to ask this question..umm, you all must be having at least some international friends studying medicine along with you, with the current internship situation in australia regarding international students what are they planning on doing?? Or is there any hope at all for international students to be getting an internship spot anywhere in australia, even the rural ones i would not mind :mellow:

Zi-5ean

Apparently there aint any entries into the medical school in the year 2010...MBBS closed & MD commences only in the jan of 2011...anyone planning on joining the MD program at melbourne???