Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Melbourne meet? Who's going to be in/around Melb 2-5 Feb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulls

Victim of Procrastination
Emeritus Staff
Hi everyone! I'm going to be traveling to Melbourne on 2nd February, and mostly probably be getting back 5 February or a few days after that. I was just wondering who will be in the city/willing to travel to the city to meet up? Either for lunch, dinner or coffee or even a brief 'hello'? I'm going to be near RMIT while I'm there. The best days to meet up would probably be 2 Feb and 5 Feb. So. Anyone? *ETA* Make that 2-6 Feb NOT till the 5th.

Last edited:

Calem

Ol' Man River
I'm in. We definitely need a meet up in Melb. We are just as awesome as the other cities :p
For me, the 2nd would be a lot better, however depending on time I may be able to come on the 5th as well.
[MENTION=7588]ashergtk[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7968]ladynove[/MENTION], interested?

Asher

Oh yeah, defs, wouldn't see why not

2nd's good for me, 5th may be difficult for a morning meet-up

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
So strange to think back to 2007, the Melbourneite glory days for MSO.

ladynove

Double shot cappuccino.
For sure! Any of those days, but yeah, I'm going to try avoiding the hotter days 'cause those are lame.

gulls

Emeritus Staff
On the 5th can do anytime anywhere. 2nd Feb, anytime between 11am and 2pm. I'm leaving on the 6th, not the 5th. My bad haha. Would prefer 5th but 2nd works, too.

So where do you Melbournites recommend going? I haven't been there since I was 4.

Calem

Ol' Man River
Ok, what about 2nd Feb, around lunchtime?
#mods can we have this moved to the announcements forum?

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
moved.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
You are welcome.

gulls

Emeritus Staff
Okay sure. Lunch on the 2nd would be great! Anyone else?
Also, do you have any ideas as to where we could go, [MENTION=11997]calembeena[/MENTION]?

Calem

Ol' Man River
Okay sure. Lunch on the 2nd would be great! Anyone else?
Also, do you have any ideas as to where we could go, @calembeena ?
Ummm. I don't normally eat nice food in that area, but I've heard good things about Mr Tulk, which is attached to the State Library. Problem is, it's reasonably small and a bit expensive, so I'm definitely up for other people's suggestions.

gulls

Emeritus Staff
I don't really mind if it's 'nice' or cheap takeaway- something that constitutes as food. Of course, it's up to you guys.

[offtopic]This talk of food has got me craving some KFC right now! :drool:[/offtopic]

Asher

Mr Tulk isn't that great especially not for a meet-up since it's quite small. QV next door has plenty of places (I don't know of cafes - maybe grill'd?) or even Melbourne central food court now that it's renovated.

Calem

Ol' Man River
Mr Tulk isn't that great especially not for a meet-up since it's quite small. QV next door has plenty of places (I don't know of cafes - maybe grill'd?) or even Melbourne central food court now that it's renovated.
*headdesk* I wasn't thinking about QV.
QV might be a good idea, I can vouch that Old Town Kopitiam does nice, decently-priced Malaysian. What about there? It can be quite busy though so we would probably have to book.

Status
Not open for further replies.