Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Monash Monash Medicine: Incoming Students

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Congratulations to those intending to accept Monash Medicine offers. Please feel free to get to know each other here!!

Also, thanks to pi, there is a plethora of resources for Monash newbies, so be sure to have a look through the greater Monash thread.

These are a good place to start:
Monash Med 2018 - Social Media and Other
pi's review of Monash Med units

And your best tags when asking questions are pi and jelli.

1234med

Don't even mind being called Montrash at this point! Haha! I've asked this elsewhere but anyone here themselves or know someone who's bonded? How do we find out?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Don't even mind being called Montrash at this point! Haha! I've asked this elsewhere but anyone here themselves or know someone who's bonded? How do we find out?

In my experience (offers from UTAS, WSU, and UNE, not Monash, so might not be the same), if it says on your letter of offer Commonwealth Supported Place it’s a straight CSP. Otherwise it’ll say you’ve received a Bonded Medical Place. Even though both are technically commonwealth supported, the BMP is spelled out as such.

1234med

Thanks a lot LMG! So if it says CSP, it must be unbonded. If it says BMP, then of course it's bonded (even though bonded is CSP).

No mention of bonded/ BMP, so I think mine's unbonded. Thanks again.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Thanks a lot LMG! So if it says CSP, it must be unbonded. If it says BMP, then of course it's bonded (even though bonded is CSP).

No mention of bonded/ BMP, so I think mine's unbonded. Thanks again.

Yep, I’d completely agree.

1234med

Congrats Tommitron, I remember your dilemma of needing to move to Queensland, etc. Glad that it's not a problem anyone with Monash under your belt :)

Tommitron

Congrats Tommitron, I remember your dilemma of needing to move to Queensland, etc. Glad that it's not a problem anyone with Monash under your belt :)

Yeah that was certainly interesting - Probably all to do with nerves the day before offers came out. Definitely nice to have some certainty in our futures now.

1234med

Yeah that was certainly interesting - Probably all to do with nerves the day before offers came out. Definitely nice to have some certainty in our futures now.
I had the same feeling. Moving interstate costs an arm and a leg and I thought I would move (especially post MMI). Look forward to meeting you man, congrats.

Icanttypeasd

Monash BMedSci & MD
Congrats everyone and welcome to Montrash! Excited to meet you all hopefully in orientation week + Medstart!

If anyone is moving to live on-campus at Monash definitely join this group.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ClaytonMedCrew/

Also look out for the 2019 MUMUS M Magazines!

The 2018 undergraduate one is here.

M Guide 2018 - Undergrad

1234med

Honestly the post-MMI period was intense, thought I messed up my chance at medicine to be honest so I completely understand how you were feeling. I'll see you at o-week! :)
Exactly the same feeling, thought I was the only one haha! Can't wait for o-week with you all :)