Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Monash Monash Medicine: General Entry Discussion

JL538

Monash University - BMedSc/MD I
Ayy anyone doing the biology bridging course? 5 hours a day apparently :p Rip to our holidays!

Lear

Monash IV
Gold Star Winner
Ayy anyone doing the biology bridging course? 5 hours a day apparently :p Rip to our holidays!
Enrolled, didn't do it anyway. The content is covered in the first week in 3 lectures again so not sure if it is worth the time. From what I saw it also didn't seem 5 hours a day worthy. Maybe one 5 hour day??

JL538

Enrolled, didn't do it anyway. The content is covered in the first week in 3 lectures again so not sure if it is worth the time. From what I saw it also didn't seem 5 hours a day worthy. Maybe one 5 hour day??
Yeah idk maybe it has changed? It has 3 modules each requiring 50 hours each. So i calculated it will be around 3-4 hours a day since it runs until the semester starts. Dont worry though, I'll definitely take it easy when I still can :p

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
Yeah idk maybe it has changed? It has 3 modules each requiring 50 hours each. So i calculated it will be around 3-4 hours a day since it runs until the semester starts. Dont worry though, I'll definitely take it easy when I still can :p
I didn't do bio in high school so I also took the same bridging course, but I don't think it takes anywhere near 50 hours per module to complete, at least not the first two. First one is purely year 8/10 bio, second one from memory involves some aspects of biochemistry if you did that in VCE?

JL538

I didn't do bio in high school so I also took the same bridging course, but I don't think it takes anywhere near 50 hours per module to complete, at least not the first two. First one is purely year 8/10 bio, second one from memory involves some aspects of biochemistry if you did that in VCE?
Ye chem is a prerequisite so we would have all done it! Boy oh boy time time to get cracking 😭

N

nb

Can confirm the bridging course has changed. 3 modules, each of 50 hours, totaling 150 hours of work. Indeed, the faculty suggested to spend 5 hours a day from now on going forward to get it done. I most likely won't actually be doing all of it, as Lear suggested a lot of is covered in the first few lectures, however I will be going over as much as I can to smooth the transition. I should've done VCE biology :(

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
Can confirm the bridging course has changed. 3 modules, each of 50 hours, totaling 150 hours of work. Indeed, the faculty suggested to spend 5 hours a day from now on going forward to get it done. I most likely won't actually be doing all of it, as Lear suggested a lot of is covered in the first few lectures, however I will be going over as much as I can to smooth the transition. I should've done VCE biology :(
Is it not a set of three PDFs each roughly a 100 pages + accompanying online quizzes+modules?

JL538

Is it not a set of three PDFs each roughly a 100 pages + accompanying online quizzes+modules?
Yes it is

Edit: After having done an hour of it I reckon it will probably take 20ish hours for each module, not 50 :p

Last edited:
is there any way of really knowing the accuracy of the seas calculator on the monash website? i assume they do not tell you your selection rank, but i have also heard that the actual adjusted atar is much more subtle than the calculator seems to determine.

CristinaYang

Monash V 🐬
Newbie of the Year 2019
Yeah look I wouldn't even bother touching that in your position

Best get started, then!
Hahahaa I’m with Lear I started last year and then gave up halfway through it’s no big deal if you don’t finish and the first few lectures (I’m pretty sure it was in the first two days) super speedily covered a huge chunk of the content and I was like whoa but everything worked out in the end 🤩 Also iirc the third module was overkill and the syndicate activities they tell you to do (if that’s still happening) are highly annoying and there’s no end outcome so I would recommend to avoid if possible 😅

Hi all, I have tried to enrol in MED 1100 and MED 1200 but it says that I don't have enough credit points for semester 2, 2021. I thought those two units are the only ones we need to enrol for the full year of 2021? Would anyone be able to help with this?

JL538

Hi all, I have tried to enrol in MED 1100 and MED 1200 but it says that I don't have enough credit points for semester 2, 2021. I thought those two units are the only ones we need to enrol for the full year of 2021? Would anyone be able to help with this?
Uh I think I had this problem. Did you specifically press the enrol button in the WES? I can't remember what side it was on but I think it had a "change" button and then a "enrol" button directly below in the table that they give you. Idk why it doesn't auto-enroll you since the units are already pre-selected for you. :rolleyes:

Uh I think I had this problem. Did you specifically press the enrol button in the WES? I can't remember what side it was on but I think it had a "change" button and then a "enrol" button directly below in the table that they give you. Idk why it doesn't auto-enroll you since the units are already pre-selected for you. :rolleyes:
yea i did click enrol for both units but it still says that I don't have enough credit points for semester 2...

JL538

Was the acceptance due date not the 21st (yesterday)?? Idk are you interstate, or maybe graduate or international?