Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Monash on Campus Halls

Nashinator

1. Yeah a lot of the questions on the application form are very similar, just BS your way through it and it should be fine.

2. Going to formal dinner is basically the one very important rule at Mannix - attendance is one of the conditions on the contract that you sign at the start of the year. Occasionally you can get out of it if you have a good excuse and are friends with the right people. But yes, definitely compulsory most weeks.

3. Yes you have to buy the gown (the sole purpose of which is to wear to formal dinner), as well as all the other things. But you get the bond back when you leave (provided you don't forfeit it), and you can sell the gown back to Mannix at the same time.

4. Internet usage depends on what you do on the net - the amount of credit you get at the start at of the year is more than enough for the whole year if you just surf the internet etc etc. But if you watch lots of movies or download stuff then you'll need to buy more.

5. Haha the interview is a joke, don't worry about that. And yes, phone interviews for interstaters.

Snuffbox

The Thinker
Thanks Nashinator!

what is the dinner all about and why is it compulsory? is it some sort of mannix tradition? and how is the interview a joke? :O

Snuffbox

The Thinker
Is it true we shouldn't arrange for a phone interview until they confirm they've received our application form? I'm just slightly worried because I'm not sure if they still do phone interviews in January... I sent an email to ask them (not sure if anyone will be there during the holiday period). Anyone know roughly how long the phone interview is? Are the questions similar to the ones on the application form, UNSW-esque? :p

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads