MSO Awards 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sherlock, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock Breaker of order

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Hullo everyone, it's almost the end of the year and you know what that means! MSO Awards time with your favourite host Sherlock!! :cool: :cool:

With some interviews and place offers to be released over the next couple of weeks, all the very best to those waiting to hear good news!! Congratulations to those who've already managed to secure a place into a desired course for 2019!

2018 has been an incredible year with many ups and downs and in the space of just one year, so much has happened, yet it feels like the blink of an eye. Active new MSO staff members, yet another new PM in Australia, UMAT no more, kiwiology finally became inactive and most importantly, even Stuart became an administrator! :eek:

Jokes aside, as usual, this year MSO has had greater success than ever before as a forum with increasing active members and more data collection for future MSOers. There have been some incredible contributions from our forum members to make this place into what it is and it's time to recognise these contributions and reward them for their hard work and dedication.

So, without any further ado, please post your nominations in this thread for the following categories:
    • Post of the year (please provide a quote or link to the post in question):
    • Article of the year (please provide a quote or link to the post in question):
    • Most helpful member:
    • Wisest member:
    • Silliest member:
    • Most active member:
    • Most active lurker:
    • Staff member of the year:
    • Newbie of the year (newbie = someone who made their account in the 2017 calendar year):
    • Hatboxer of the year:
    We've also added following new categories this year:

• Music chat award - Who’s music did you vibe with most?
    • Most memorable moment of the year - a moment on MSO that has stuck with you.
    • Nicest member of the year - member who has been nice and considerate throughout the year, whether that may be on hatbox, on forums and/or profile posts.
    • MSOer of the year - member who has been an 'allrounder', who has gone above and beyond in forums, hatbox, profile posts etc.
    Please note that these categories pertain to the member's contributions in the 2018 calendar year.

Nominations will close at midnight on new year's eve, so get nominating!

Thanks to MSO admin Mana, winners of each category will be awarded one MSO mug and one MSO pen, shipped to you free of charge. Additionally, 2018 award winners will also be given a custom user title for one full year!

Just for the fun of it, we're also requesting this year's award recipients to make a short speech (written) on the awards thread once the winners have been declared.​

Cheers,
    Yours truly

acbard9, Ruffle, pi and 5 others like this.
  2. Sherlock

Sherlock Breaker of order

• Post of the year: TBD
    • Article of the year: TBD
    • Most helpful member: LMG!
    • Wisest member: LMG!
    • Silliest member: Post / @logic
    • Most active member: Crow
    • Most active lurker: rustyedges
    • Staff member of the year: LMG!
    • Newbie of the year: mzho12
    • Hatboxer of the year: biom, without a shadow of doubt!
    • Music chat award: Yamster
    • Most memorable moment of the year: biom for
    • Nicest member of the year: acbard9
    • MSOer of the year: Ruffle

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    acbard9, Ruffle, A1 and 6 others like this.
  3. Crow

Crow Moderator Moderator

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    acbard9, Trinhcent, Ruffle and 4 others like this.
  4. Post

Post Medical Student @ UNSW

• Post of the year: The Realities of Studying and Practicing Medicine
    • Article of the year: Unhappy with your UMAT result? Read this!
    • Wisest member: Benjamin for his amazing advice whenever he was on, great reads on the forums and very detailed
    • Silliest member: pi stop removing my med references tho :p
    • Most active member: Crow and his many many helpful posts :D
    • Most active lurker: rustyedges always chiming in on hatbox at the right moments ;)
    • Staff member of the year: LMG! with a honourable mention to A1 , mso would not be the same without you and all your hard work!
    • Hatboxer of the year: biom with honourable mention to pi last year's nominee who came very close to repeating :D
    • Music chat award: Yamster ty for finding my fave song of all time (little things by one direction if anyone's curious ;) )
    • Most memorable moment of the year: That time we had that awesome court trial with Yamster vs @logic and it ended with Mana banning me
    • Nicest member of the year: acbard9 with an honourable mention to Trinhcent and Verdigris for making hatbox so wholesome <3
    • MSOer of the year: Ruffle for being an amazing member all round :D
    congratz to all on an amazing year, may all those who are waiting for offers receive good news and heres to a new year :D

Edited by Ruffle 10/12/2018: Added in Post + Article of the year as Post was ironically unable to edit his own post.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018 at 5:30 PM
    acbard9, Ruffle, A1 and 5 others like this.
  5. pi

pi Junior doctor Administrar

Junior doctor
    I'll try and not to double-up on any nominations :D
    • Post of the year: Post, I feel this category is highly biased and warrants a review
    • Article of the year: TBD
    • Wisest member: Benjamin and Crow
    • Silliest member: @Logic, shame he's not around the forums any more!
    • Most active member: A1
    • Most active lurker: chinaski
    • Staff member of the year: shame I can't vote for myself, anyone who doesn't vote for me has a high likelihood of a ban ;)
    • Newbie of the year: TBD
    • Hatboxer of the year: biom and Sherlock
    • Most memorable moment of the year: when Stuart discussed waterboarding in a very enlightening way
    • Nicest member of the year: acbard9
    • MSOer of the year: Ruffle

acbard9, Trinhcent, Ruffle and 4 others like this.
  6. Ruffle

Ruffle Admissions Helper Moderator

MSO's Official Personal Stylist
    • Post of the year: Unhappy with your UMAT result? Read this! unsure whether this counts as a thread or a post??? It deserves recognition, anyway
    • Article of the year: What to do if you do not get Undergraduate Medicine?
    • Wisest member: biom (his wiseness even manages to shine despite his typos!)
    • Silliest member: Post / Logic
    • Most active member: Crow
    • Most active lurker: Mana (Mr "I'm taking a hiatus")
    • Staff member of the year: A1 or LMG! for answering 99% of questions on MSO
    • Hatboxer of the year: Trinhcent for the wholesomeness and bubble tea
    • Music chat award: DEFINITELY acbard9
    • Most memorable moment of the year:
    • Nicest member of the year: either acbard9 or Trinhcent
    • MSOer of the year: Crow (absolute legend)
    Edited 11/12/2018 to add Best Post and more descriptive votes

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 11:27 AM
    pi, Sherlock, acbard9 and 3 others like this.
  7. Trinhcent

Trinhcent Regular Member

• Article of the year: Days in the life of a New Intern
    • Most helpful member: A1 - for answering all our admissions questions and somehow finding all the relevant documents for people's questions.
    • Wisest member: Benjamin and Mana - for all the insights I've gained from talking to both of you and all the informative articles/threads.
    • Silliest member: Post - Logic! (Rip rip potato chip :D )
    • Most active member: TBD
    • Most active lurker: rustyedges - for being online when I log in at 3am in the morning.
    • Staff member of the year: LMG! - the work you put into collating data and answering all the questions in the thread is crazy.
    • Newbie of the year: TBD
    • Hatboxer of the year: Crow - for being great to talk to on hatbox, ask advice from and amazing everyone with his humble way of living.
    • Most memorable moment of the year: TBD, too many memorable moments on here to count
    • Nicest member of the year: acbard9 - this one goes to you buddy <3
    • MSOer of the year: Ruffle - for being just awesome in general, full of insightful advice and a great person

pi, Sherlock, acbard9 and 3 others like this.
  8. acbard9

acbard9 BSc (Pharmacology) III

• Article of the year: What to do if you do not get Undergraduate Medicine?

• Most helpful member: Stuart has been super helpful to me this and the last few years and I can't thank him enough for that :')
    • Wisest member: LMG! I dunno how recently this was, but I remember LMG! posting something that made me rethink the advice I gave to anybody trying for Med, and my own outlook towards it.
    • Silliest member: pi always provides good banter when he's around! also because e = 3 and pi = 3 soooo e = pi :D
    • Most active member: TBD
    • Most active lurker: Clav ! Come through more often tho I need a good yarn with ya fam
    • Staff member of the year: LMG! The data collation and maintenance, and UCAT coding tho :eek:
    • Newbie of the year: Post ;)
    • Hatboxer of the year: Crow literally makes me laugh so often on group chat, and makes it so hard to leave for the night!
    • Music chat award: I did this by seeing who's introduced me to really good new music this year, and it's gotta be Ruffle ! Shout out to the throwback music on there though! [ Crow Yamster LMG! Post ]
    • Most memorable moment of the year: Honestly Stuart mentioning waterboarding in a sexual context still has me absolutely shook and I need more clarification tbh.:lol:

Also sometimes I just laugh to myself everytime I think about biom 's typos, so for me that's also some memorable momentS (plural because you just have something wrong with that keyboard I swear :rolleyes: )
    • Nicest member of the year: This is such a tough one tf :( Yamster has been v. v. especially wholesome to me when I'm around <3 , but also Post and Trinhcent and Verdigris y'all are blessed angels :) #holytrinity
    • MSOer of the year: Ruffle vs Yamster vs Crow for me... o_O
    ALSO just thought I'd say I'm very very very thankful for your kind votes :') I like being helpful on MSO, but what I love most about MSO is the good vibes I get when I'm around you guys on hatbox :D HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and to any of you working, pls give yourselves some form of relaxation :cool:

GreenGrapes, Verdigris, pi and 5 others like this.
  9. GreenGrapes

GreenGrapes New Member

• Post/Article of the year: Anything by Benjamin
    • Most helpful member: A1
    • Wisest member: pi
    • Silliest member: Smelly Boy
    • Most active member: LMG! / A1 - always racing eachother to answer questions first it seems!
    • Nicest member of the year: Ruffle
    • MSOer of the year: LMG!

pi, Smelly Boy, Ruffle and 1 other person like this.