Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

MSO Convention: GC / Brisbane 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
Baha the fake beach at Southbank. jks.

Nah man. Musgrave park bro. Its the tops! (if you want to sniff petrol and/or catch STDs).

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
Nah the one in West End. To be fair though I hear its pretty clean now (well until late at night that is)

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Ok, so as things stand, we're still going to the Gold Coast then back to my place or Shizzy's to watch X-men cartoons. If there is enough support for a switch to Brisbane that can happen but preferably with suggestions of a good alternative.

Would be good to hear from [MENTION=8517]Cide[/MENTION], [MENTION=2913]ctu_max[/MENTION], [MENTION=410]Shizzy[/MENTION], [MENTION=5614]kashmuq[/MENTION], [MENTION=6084]Hutcherson[/MENTION], and [MENTION=4821]godoftoast[/MENTION].

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
I'd be guaranteed to come if its somewhere in Brissie. If its at GC then it's a 50-50 thing for me depending on whether I can finish some stuff in the morning on time + transport. Also maybe [MENTION=5772]gulls[/MENTION] has an opinion too?

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Also, I expect to be up and back between Brisbane and the Gold Coast from Jan 12-15. It would probably be easy enough for me to arrange to be in Brisbane on the morning of Jan 14 and evening of Jan 14/morning Jan 15. So I could potentially drive people if there is enough interest.

jsth

damn ill be in sydney
can someone film it all and post it here :D ill be eternally grateful

kashmuq

U mad?
Atm my flight is getting into brisbane at 4.15 and I probs won't be able to get back to my place before 5 so getting down to GC would be a bit of a stretch. If it's a night thing in Brisbane I could probs make it but again please don't make plans on my account.

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I won't be able to come cause I arrive in Brisbane at International Airport in the morning and then heading home to to unpack. So I don't think I will be able to make it to the Gold Coast in time. I will have to give it a miss. But have fun guys :) I am able to have a brisbane meetup with anyone if there interested later on if they cant make it to this one upcoming. Like @godoftoast , @Cide , @gulls and [MENTION=5614]kashmuq[/MENTION] ? Maybe an iceskating sesh or something like the good old times! Don't let your plans change cause of me aswell like kash said. A brisbane night thing sounds like a good idea kash :)

ctu_max

Okay. I have no plans on Saturday so I'm available for both GC and Brisbane. If others are going to be getting a lift with Matt that would be greatly appreciated but if not trains are no big deal.

Cide

Sorry guys I have seen this a few times buy I have been busy! Ah I don't think I can come unfortunately because I have work that night :(. Looks like I might just have to catch up with you guys at the next meetup.

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Oh no!! *sigh* Research and part-time work, they work students too hard these days. :p

So, I'm not against having it in Brisbane, it's just that beach and cartoons is so easy. Options for Brisbane are ice-skating, southbank, roma st. This would need to be a late afternoon/early evening thing though if we're to convince Shizzy to come (do you know he's never been to an MSO meetup, and he calls himself our administrator?)

We could go..... lawn bowling? People do that right? And it's different enough to be cool, yeah? I mean, granted, it's not X-men cartoons. Balmoral, maybe? Or Greenslopes?

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
Im up for lawn bowling :p +1 to that.

@syn [MENTION=5614]kashmuq[/MENTION] [MENTION=5772]gulls[/MENTION] @hutch [MENTION=2913]ctu_max[/MENTION] @everyone else who is gunna attend. Whats your opinion?

Last edited:

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Crap website but have a look here: Greenslopes Bowls Club - Barefoot Bowls

There's a link to their menu as well. The advantage of Balmoral is that we could use their kitchen which would make things easier for those with diet-preferences, but GBC looks more organised and is open till 8pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.