Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Introduction New to the forum

Percy Abner

Hi everyone! Found this forum by chance when googling for info on various med programs.... Had a bit of a browse and found it all really helpful, so thought I'd join!
I'm a Chartered Accountant (B. Accounting, Grad. Dip. Chartered Accounting) and have been practicing for 8 years.
I've enrolled in a B. Clinical Science at CSU with the intention to transfer into an undergrad medical program after 1 year FTE. My GPA from my previous undergrad won't cut it for Grad Entry medicine, so I am essentially starting from scratch.

If I progress through the entire undergrad program then I'll look at post grad options again, though I'd like to avoid the GAMSAT if possible..... However, I have chosen a science based undergrad to give myself the necessary science background should it come to that...

Looking forward to the journey!
Thanks
PA.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Best of luck, and enjoy the ride!

If you haven’t already, make sure you check out our non-standard entry threads for all your non-GAMSAT options :)

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hey all, what resources would be a good starting point for someone 2-3 years away from sitting the UCAT? I'd prefer at this stage to stay away from the paid courses available until I am really ramping up my prep. Just after a website with good QR and other logic puzzles, or anything else you think might be useful at this early stage... I'm just waiting to start session 2 in July and thinking of what I can do in the meantime.
PA.

How come you’re 2-3 years away from sitting UCAT?

Percy Abner

How come you’re 2-3 years away from sitting UCAT?

But tbh, UCAT is so far away for you that my biggest tip is to not stress about it and enjoy your highschool days. Defs just enjoy highschool, you don't need years to prep for UCAT.

I've actually just entered my 30s, I have been practicing as a Chartered Accountant for the past 8 years. I am heading back to uni to study clinical science with the intention of transferring to a non-standard program or post-grad program.
2-3 years away as I'll be studying part time, so 2 years before I have 1 FTE year to be eligible for transfer.
My previous GPA is substandard (enjoyed uni/party life waaaaaay too much during my first degree).

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
I've actually just entered my 30s, I have been practicing as a Chartered Accountant for the past 8 years. I am heading back to uni to study clinical science with the intention of transferring to a non-standard program or post-grad program.
2-3 years away as I'll be studying part time, so 2 years before I have 1 FTE year to be eligible for transfer.
My previous GPA is substandard (enjoyed uni/party life waaaaaay too much during my first degree).

Ahh, I knew you’d gone back to Uni but didn’t realise you were doing very part time study. If you’ve got ‘close to credit average’ (around 4.7ish) from your previous degree it might be enough for JMP.

Percy Abner

Ahh, I knew you’d gone back to Uni but didn’t realise you were doing very part time study. If you’ve got ‘close to credit average’ (around 4.7ish) from your previous degree it might be enough for JMP.

Yeah unfortunately not 4.7... I think it's 4.2 something. All good, Clinical Science at CSU is a recognised pathway into JPM WSU/CSU, so I think it's very well worth going through the extra couple of years. Plus I am rural with 100% intention to hang around the Central West, so hoping these collective factors get me through.

lyonial

Hi Percy, like you, i'm keen to return to uni for a bit more punishment after spending 5 years at uni and 3 years working.. if you're at CSU in Orange next year, I hope to see you around! (confidence is key for a JPM offer right? 😆)

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads