Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Dentistry: Non-standard Entry

jc0517

Hey guys.

I am in my first year of an undergraduate degree, the GPA with which I am wishing to apply to the dentistry course at Griffith. I’ve just completed the second semester final exams, and of course, the results are not available yet. The question is: will Griffith wait and consider my second semester results once they’re released, or will they consider my application based on the first semester results only? And yes, I’ve completed a full time load, and understand the competitiveness.

Thanks.

Last edited:

acbard9

Auckland MBChB
Hello,

Wherever possible, all Universities will use full-year results. This is added to the fact that Griffith Dent offers are made in the main round in January. I would assume your Semester 2 results will be out much before then.

Best of luck,
acbard9

dkae

congrats do you mind me asking what u studied in your first year? I am also a first year with a 6.875 hoping for a spot.

Hey guys, Im an NZ graduate and im just wondering if you could shed some light on my chances of getting an offer from QTAC tomorrow for Griffith Dent. Im not sure how theyve calculated my GPA, but if I were to calculate my GPA from an NZ GPA to an Aussie GPA (i.e. A+/A/A-=7 and B+=6.5 and B=6 etc), then my GPA throughout the 3 years of my degree would be 6.84. Did I calculate my GPA correctly and do I have a decent shot at getting an offer? Thank you! :)

acbard9

Auckland MBChB
Hi,

Whilst I'm not entirely sure how Griffith in particular would handle GPA conversion (considering the system that you have used is generally for postgrad Med/Dent applicants under GEMSAS), a person with 6.75 (edit: 6.875) made it through to Griffith Dent in UAC's main round.

I'm also from NZ, and got my offer in UAC's main round :). Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi,

Whilst I'm not entirely sure how Griffith in particular would handle GPA conversion (considering the system that you have used is generally for postgrad Med/Dent applicants under GEMSAS), a person with 6.75 made it through to Griffith Dent in UAC's main round.

I'm also from NZ, and got my offer in UAC's main round :). Best of luck!

Ooh, the lowest I’ve seen so far is 6.875. Where did you see this 6.75 mentioned so I can add it to my collated offers list.

Thank you!

Hello! Was it only non standard offers that were released through UAC? Bc I haven't heard any school leavers who have recieved an offer.

I have recieved 99.55, do I have a decent shot at an offer tomorrow?

acbard9

Auckland MBChB
Hmmm. I would think that anyone who applied through UAC, regardless of their pathway, would have received their offer. I assume that they already have a set GPA/ATAR for entry, so there wouldn't be a point of withholding some offers :).

Best of luck!

Shinae

Hello! Was it only non standard offers that were released through UAC? Bc I haven't heard any school leavers who have recieved an offer.

I have recieved 99.55, do I have a decent shot at an offer tomorrow?

According to UAC website, the cut-off was 99.65 this year. I am not sure if there will be a second round of offers though.

How do we get notified for offers? Will we have to constantly check through QTAC or will we get an email notification? Also do they send out rejection letters or does not getting an email basically indicate that the applicant was unsuccessful?

Shinae

How do we get notified for offers? Will we have to constantly check through QTAC or will we get an email notification? Also do they send out rejection letters or does not getting an email basically indicate that the applicant was unsuccessful?

You can check the QTAC website at 8:30 tomorrow. QTAC and the university send out emails as well.