Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Not many offers this year or a error?

Booya

It seems not many interview offers have been released well compared to last years postings on MSO. I know there's no real facts or science to back it up as posters vary from year to year but I don't know, it just seems that way.

For those that received a rejection email Friday morning at the same time as offers came out, is it possible it's a error on their part. I recall last year rejection emails went out a few days later ( like on the Monday) once offers went out.I if it is a error it might explain the minimal postings by students on offers?

How likely would it be that rejection and offer emails are sent out at the same time?

No science or proof in any of this, just a theory and well I'm kinda clinging to hope. Anyone able to call Judy to confirm this is the case that it was done intentionally or a mistake and those with rejection emails on the Friday were meant to get offers. I cannot do it as I'm going overseas.

Good luck to those who got one.

Booya

Of course not, I'm not judging. Its just a suggestion. I agree its highly unlikely but its still *possible*.
I would have called but heading into the airport now and don't want to be possibly be having a conversation with Judy with the folks around in the car.

CSU may have done things differently this year and of course thats their right. Its just a *possible* explanation.

bang

It may seem like that but i don't think it's been an error. A simple explanation could be that not many MSOers got offers this year. I really really don't think there has been an error. I'm sure that CSU would triple check everything after what happened last year.

caitlinnoob

It may seem like that but i don't think it's been an error. A simple explanation could be that not many MSOers got offers this year. I really really don't think there has been an error. I'm sure that CSU would triple check everything after what happened last year.

I agree, especially after last year. And I know of at least another 5 first year clinical science kids with interviews. Which is more than previous years, anyway. Maybe everyone is a bit shyer this year, who knows! ^_^

I was in your boat last year with a rejection and this year I've got an interview!! If dentistry is what you really want to do, you'll get there soon (not that I'm there yet or anything, but definitely a step up from last year!) :)

bang

I agree, especially after last year. And I know of at least another 5 first year clinical science kids with interviews. Which is more than previous years, anyway. Maybe everyone is a bit shyer this year, who knows! ^_^

I was in your boat last year with a rejection and this year I've got an interview!! If dentistry is what you really want to do, you'll get there soon (not that I'm there yet or anything, but definitely a step up from last year!) :)

Do you know the non standard: school leaver ratio for the interviews? I have only heard of ONE other school leaver getting an interview.. :l

caitlinnoob

Do you know the non standard: school leaver ratio for the interviews? I have only heard of ONE other school leaver getting an interview.. :l

I have no clue tbh! I'd guess about 50:50, based on the 40 places being 50:50? But I really have no idea, haha.

I just know that first year clinical science was insanely good this year - I think something like 50% of us had a GPA above 6! I wouldn't be surprised if there's more with interviews, plus there are other years of clinical science to consider...

bang

I have no clue tbh! I'd guess about 50:50, based on the 40 places being 50:50? But I really have no idea, haha.

I just know that first year clinical science was insanely good this year - I think something like 50% of us had a GPA above 6! I wouldn't be surprised if there's more with interviews, plus there are other years of clinical science to consider...

Daaaamn. I don't feel like i belong lol. Most people with interviews seem to be non-standards.

PS. So the top40 places are 50:50? Are you sure? I thought it was just the top 40 with the best interview scores.

caitlinnoob

Daaaamn. I don't feel like i belong lol. Most people with interviews seem to be non-standards.

PS. So the top40 places are 50:50? Are you sure? I thought it was just the top 40 with the best interview scores.

I'm definitely not sure!! lol, I think this question was probably answered in the Q&A thread, let me see if I can find it...

EDIT: I can't remember where I read it, but I'm sure someone asked this question! And I think the general consensus was that across most years, it's about 50:50, but maybe you can have a search yourself - hopefully with more luck than me! Or ask in the Q&A thread :)

Sorry, I'm a bit useless about this sort of stuff - but if you have any questions about accommodation or Orange etc, I'm open :)

Last edited:

bang

I'm definitely not sure!! lol, I think this question was probably answered in the Q&A thread, let me see if I can find it...

EDIT: I can't remember where I read it, but I'm sure someone asked this question! And I think the general consensus was that across most years, it's about 50:50, but maybe you can have a search yourself - hopefully with more luck than me! Or ask in the Q&A thread :)

Sorry, I'm a bit useless about this sort of stuff - but if you have any questions about accommodation or Orange etc, I'm open :)

Hhahahah YES I DO. Firstly, how much (roughly) is the cost for accommodation of a college which is really close to the uni? and.. How is life in orange? I don't want to move to a city for 5 years where I'll be bored every night haha :(

caitlinnoob

Hhahahah YES I DO. Firstly, how much (roughly) is the cost for accommodation of a college which is really close to the uni? and.. How is life in orange? I don't want to move to a city for 5 years where I'll be bored every night haha :(

How about I PM you?? Getting a bit off-topic.