• MSO wishes the best of luck to all users with upcoming interviews! For those interviewing at universities that do not have applicants sign an NDA, it would be greatly appreciated if you could send me (Crow) a PM with your interview questions to help future users. These will not be shared publicly until all interviews for that university have been completed. Cheers! ETA: Please check out our new Interview Portal!

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

NSW - Category 2 Applicants

chinaski

A "senior medical officer" is a consultant-level doctor. People move around all the time for training purposes - the soonest you could easily move, as I said before, is from PGY3 onwards. PGY2 jobs are largely accounted for in NSW, so you would have limited options there.

mememe

Lurker
you can even move for internship, just depends on your luck! I knoww a cat 3 (high school in SA, med in VIC) who just got offered an intern job in Bankstown

chinaski

you can even move for internship, just depends on your luck! I knoww a cat 3 (high school in SA, med in VIC) who just got offered an intern job in Bankstown
As per the beginning of this thread, outsiders being offered PGY1 positions is possible but certainly not guaranteed. The context of the current discussion is about the point at which it becomes easiest to secure employment as an outside applicant - which is not straight after graduation.