Optom at UNSW

The 2019 LSR in UNSW is listed as 99.2 however the lowest atar is listed as 92.9
Does this mean that if no adjustment factors are applied the lowest atar required is 99.2
Further, I'm a student within Sydney applying domestically with a received UCAT score of 2840 and a predicted atar of 97.5/98.
Is there a chance I make it into the Master of Clinical Optometry course as undergraduate?

Crow

Medical Student
Emeritus Staff
Does this mean that if no adjustment factors are applied the lowest atar required is 99.2
Correct.
Further, I'm a student within Sydney applying domestically with a received UCAT score of 2840 and a predicted atar of 97.5/98.
Is there a chance I make it into the Master of Clinical Optometry course as undergraduate?
Unfortunately if you have no adjustment factors then it looks very unlikely you'll make it into the course with that ATAR. Note that UCAT has no role in determining place offers for UNSW optometry.

Thank you for your support.
However, I have adjustment factors of disrupted schooling (moved interstate) and of financial hardship.
Do these increase my chances of making it into the course?

zx72ksq8o

The 2019 LSR in UNSW is listed as 99.2 however the lowest atar is listed as 92.9

Hi Crow, im not too sure but isn't the LSR the equivalent of ATAR + Adjustments, so wouldn't the 'lowest ATAR' that is required be 92.9 not 99.2?

Crow

Medical Student
Emeritus Staff
Hi Crow, im not too sure but isn't the LSR the equivalent of ATAR + Adjustments? so wouldn't the 'lowest ATAR' that is required be 92.9 not 99.2?
That's correct, but (unless I misinterpreted) the question the OP asked was if someone had no adjustment factors, would the ATAR they required for 2019 entry be 99.2, in which case the answer is yes.

Also note that the 99.2 value is specific to 2019 entry, and this is likely to change for 2020 entry with a different applicant pool.
However, I have adjustment factors of disrupted schooling (moved interstate) and of financial hardship.
Do these increase my chances of making it into the course?
Yes it does. I'd say with your ATAR and adjustment factors you'd probably have a high enough ATAR to make it into the course, but I'm not entirely familiar with how these bonuses are applied (particularly for courses outside of medicine) so I'll defer to Smelly Boy or A1 to give you a better idea.

That's correct, but (unless I misinterpreted) the question the OP asked was if someone had no adjustment factors, would the ATAR they required for 2019 entry be 99.2, in which case the answer is yes.

Also note that the 99.2 value is specific to 2019 entry, and this is likely to change for 2020 entry with a different applicant pool.

Yes it does. I'd say with your ATAR and adjustment factors you'd probably have a high enough ATAR to make it into the course, but I'm not entirely familiar with how these bonuses are applied (particularly for courses outside of medicine) so I'll defer to Smelly Boy or A1 to give you a better idea.
Thank you very much for your support