Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Orientation is so soon!

Tithiii

The official start date for the Cairns Orientation is 13th February... so close.
I am so excited, packing is half done!

I have been browsing through the orientation booklet and I was wondering which sessions I should go to which would help with Dent the most and whether or not I need to go to some of those extension courses.. anyway can't wait to meet you all!

Where are you guys staying by the way? :lol:

Hopefully cyclone Yasi doesn't flatten the new building haha.

I will probably only be attending the first day, Monday, because have already been at JCU Cairns for 2 years. Unless there is something they say which is important to attend.

Tithiii

Yeahhh that's right. What were you studying beforehand Hannah? Sorry if you said it before.

I saw that Monday is the official Dental introduction, so obviously that. But I will have to do lots of other things because this is my first time.
CYCLONES!!!!!

2009 I started psychology and didn't like it at all, so last year I did half of the diploma of health science because I didn't do maths B or chemistry at school to get into Dent. I have got a credit for one subject and I think I only have to do half of chemistry in second semester because for most of the subject science students were with the dentistry students.

coptic

guys, I haven't got the details from uni yet ... so I don't know any info about O week or the actual start date of the semester.

Can you please post some info here ...
and Also any information about accommodation in Cairns and suburbs close to campus, will be much appreciated ..

http://www.jcu.edu.au/student/publications/index.htm
That is a link to information about O week. The semester starts on the 21st of Feb.

The closest suburbs to JCU are Smithfield (same suburb as JCU) , Trinity Park, Trinity Beach, Kewarra Beach (just to name a few) and all these suburbs have a bus which go directly to JCU if you do not have a car.
I live half an hour away from uni and it isn't too bad driving except I spend a bit more now on fuel than I did when I lived closer.

Tithiii

I really am worried about how much Yasi will impact Uni...
shame you can't make O-Week coptic :(

coptic

Yeah tithii ... it is terrible news about Yasi ...
Well, I'll catch you people some where at uni ... have fun