Otago MBChB Class of 2022

Discussion in 'MBChB' started by frootloop, Dec 12, 2017.

1. frootloop

frootloop Otago Trainee Intern (MBChB VI) Moderator

Yeah dude we both know that muscle attachments are the 'can just look up if/when needed' for most doctors most of the time (there are a few which are actually clinically relevant, but you'll find those out later), which makes having to learn them annoying.

Ditto genetics etc. Plan your learning partially to pass exams (because that's a stupid requirement), and partially to become good at this. Obviously some of it overlaps, and obviously earlier on it's harder to know what's in that second category.

But like 95% of us seem to blunder through each year's set of exams. And you're well above average. So do try not to let that artificial pressure bother you too much, and when it does, jettison stuff like muscle attachments and genetics.

2. Pine

Pine New Member

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post, but what kinda grades did you guys have in HSFY? We've just finished our midterms and I feel like I'm already taking L's

3. Clav

Clav Otago MB ChB II Gunner

Former Med Lab Scientist
    heya! This thread will answer that question for you: Otago - 2017 Otago HSFY Ranking Scores and Offers Thread

4. tomleegolf

tomleegolf 2nd year med at Otago

Student of life
    Clav likes this.
  5. Clav

Former Med Lab Scientist
    If there's anyone here who, like me, missed James Usshers immunity of meningitis lecture I see they have put up a 2017 videocast of it :)

apollos and tomleegolf like this.
  6. Clav

Former Med Lab Scientist
    hey, I get the impression a few people are having a bit of a hard time with haemostasis... probably no thanks to JF, so I thought I'd share a couple of things here:

First is this series on youtube that I used when I did med lab sci:

Second is some of the notes I've written up for haem... they're by no means perfect, nor complete.. but I think they're a bit clearer than JF's lecture slides so they may be of some value to someone here. Feel free to share them if you think they're good (and also correct any mistakes I have). They can be found here: MEGA

lastly, if anyone's really just not getting the hang of it don't hesitate to flick me a message and we could even catch up at uni and go over anything you're struggling with.

apollos, Logic and tomleegolf like this.