Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Otago Otago MBChB Class of 2028

quail

Registrar
As a registrar, echo all of the above. The only specialty that scores medical school prizes is dermatology specifically, and that isn't until ALM as above. All other specialties will be on the previous described scoring selection criteria, which are all generally on references and CV at registrar level and above. Very few will do research during medical school that will be scored toward your CV, and even then it's really hard to know what you're going to like and what you don't until after graduation let alone start research before you start work!

Enjoy the year, the relative lack of exams, and the new friends you will work with for the rest of your life as colleagues

HIHIHIHIHI99991

ok not going to lectures anymore its been real yall
I think pretty much everyone will agree that 2/3 of the lectures today were a complete waste of time to go to anyway since it had literally nothing assesable anyway

I do think I will probably stop going to lectures later in the sem as the volume of content begins to increase as assesments/readings/quizzes/prep for lectures,tutorials and labs becomes more prominent

sunseeker

what are people even doing for the pathology lectures, like damn bro.

i mean but like yall think abt it they r js preparing u for the real world.

imagine if u have to sit thru a funeral or smthing u cant just tell em to upload it to echo360 so u can watch it on 2x speed later.
2.5x if possible

HIHIHIHIHI99991

Anyone else finding that the wordload for ELM2 is MUCH MUCH more than HSFY. There really is so much more things to get done and so much more to learn. Not a fan with the volume of content :(

Bethel

Anyone else finding that the wordload for ELM2 is MUCH MUCH more than HSFY. There really is so much more things to get done and so much more to learn. Not a fan with the volume of content :(
Me too! And I personally feel like they are expecting us to know everything before their next lab because of all the quizzes we have to do. I would have been fine with the workload if they didn’t make me feel like I have like one week to know all the content 😭 before the next lab/ tutorial.

Me too! And I personally feel like they are expecting us to know everything before their next lab because of all the quizzes we have to do. I would have been fine with the workload if they didn’t make me feel like I have like one week to know all the content 😭 before the next lab/ tutorial.
Don't memorise all the content. Past exams seem to be good indications of what we need. I reckon do the hands-on things irl rather than chuck it all on a doc. idk.

HIHIHIHIHI99991

does anyone know what the med drive is. am i stupid 🥺
Basically a big drive with past papers and all the content with tips and tricks you need

Also new ick unlocked: People who sit in the middle of rows then have to leave their seat. I get second hand embarrasment everytime this happens whenever we're at Colquhon and all the other people have to stand up 🤢

travellingspaceman

Basically a big drive with past papers and all the content with tips and tricks you need

Also new ick unlocked: People who sit in the middle of rows then have to leave their seat. I get second hand embarrasment everytime this happens whenever we're at Colquhon and all the other people have to stand up 🤢

just get everyone in the row to move forward on their seat and the person can walk on the back part of the seat to get out.

Hi ppl hope yall r enjoying ur easter

i have spent like 2 hours watching the kava video but like i have no clue how it links to spirituality they js talk abt being grounded nd crackin jokes nd stuff help plz :))

Reflect on the importance of spirituality in cultural pacific practices and share your reflections in a short paragraph:

Hi ppl hope yall r enjoying ur easter

i have spent like 2 hours watching the kava video but like i have no clue how it links to spirituality they js talk abt being grounded nd crackin jokes nd stuff help plz :))

Reflect on the importance of spirituality in cultural pacific practices and share your reflections in a short paragraph:
What is this?