Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden

Getting busier
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by animadverted+Jun 5 2007, 09:51 PM-->
Well, we're meant to be doing the same sort of stuff and basically we've done and Intro to the human body, nutrition and metabolism and a bit of pharmacology. Although, we do PBLs quicker.... have you gone through the starvation and diabetes PBLs yet?
[snapback]43819[/snapback]​
[/b]

We've done basic biochem, histology, general path (with a focus on skin), little bit of pharm, some immuno, cell bio, and some general fluid and heat homeostasis stuff.

Originally posted by AussieChica@Jun 5 2007, 10:10 PM
adrenaline in australia ;)

lol i love how med studentsy this forum is :)

and yes we've covered metabolism in depth too. sigh, good old (prof) dunkley :)
[snapback]43822[/snapback]​

In depth? In first semester? I have a feeling you'll be returning back to it in later years :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-Mana
@Jun 5 2007, 11:26 PM
epinephrine :p which I shall from now on continue to refer to as epinephrine.
[snapback]43845[/snapback]​

It's funny actually, epinephrine is the international proprietary name given by the WHO. It's all the US's fault though. Patenting everything.

L337

Based God
Emeritus Staff
Add on to that the ~2hr wait for exam to begin, and you have one very very long wait till your next meal!

Have a decent breakfast, one that will last you the distance, but won't be difficult to digest.

A 2 hours wait for the exam to begin...are you serious? :blink: :O

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by Hayden@Jun 6 2007, 06:38 AM
We've done basic biochem, histology, general path (with a focus on skin), little bit of pharm, some immuno, cell bio, and some general fluid and heat homeostasis stuff.
In depth? In first semester? I have a feeling you'll be returning back to it in later years :lol:
It's funny actually, epinephrine is the international proprietary name given by the WHO. It's all the US's fault though. Patenting everything.
[snapback]43867[/snapback]​

That sounds very similar to what we've done, apart from the histology. I say we've done a lot of metabolism because we've had PBLs on childhood obesity, starvation, T1DM, T2DM and exercise exhaustion. So that's a lot of metabolsim. Obviously we've done quite a bit of cell biology and a week on immuno and pharm.

We did a bit on the skin too, mainly skin cancers. PBL on it. We've had a PBL on fluid and heat homeostasis (poor little old lady fractured her hip on a hot day)

So very, very similar.

AussieChica

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by Hayden+Jun 6 2007, 06:38 AM-->
We've done basic biochem, histology, general path, little bit of pharm, some immuno, cell bio, and some general fluid and heat homeostasis stuff.
[/b]
Same plus the tiniest bit of anatomy. It's all integrated though of course (as is your course, yeah?)

lol yes, sorry, i meant relative to everything else. dunkley gives awesome notes :)

I know :(

<!--QuoteBegin-L337
@Jun 6 2007, 01:02 PM
A 2 hours wait for the exam to begin...are you serious? :blink:  :O
[snapback]43877[/snapback]​
In Melbourne? yes. In newcastle? no. IDK about other places.

Oodelally

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by Mana@Jun 5 2007, 02:26 PM
epinephrine :p which I shall from now on continue to refer to as epinephrine.
[snapback]43845[/snapback]​

what about acetomenophin
edema
heme
fetus

etc:

they look weird, like a foregin language i dont understand

dont succomb to the dark side - spell the way the english language intended

AussieChica

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by Oodelally@Jun 6 2007, 09:30 PM
what about acetomenophin
edema
heme
fetus

etc:

they look weird, like a foregin language i dont understand

dont succomb to the dark side - spell the way the english language intended
[snapback]43954[/snapback]​

totally

but the english language was influenced by the french so we can't say modern english is entirely the way it was intended, can we?

let's all speak latin! how cool would that be!

potens sui b.tch

anarchron

Originally posted by animadverted@Jun 6 2007, 02:17 PM
That sounds very similar to what we've done, apart from the histology. I say we've done a lot of metabolism because we've had PBLs on childhood obesity, starvation, T1DM, T2DM and exercise exhaustion. So that's a lot of metabolsim. Obviously we've done quite a bit of cell biology and a week on immuno and pharm.

We did a bit on the skin too, mainly skin cancers. PBL on it. We've had a PBL on fluid and heat homeostasis (poor little old lady fractured her hip on a hot day)

So very, very similar.
[snapback]43878[/snapback]​

Was her name Freda Green? Do you guys have to do Health Practice too?

anarchron

Originally posted by AussieChica@Jun 6 2007, 10:34 PM
totally

but the english language was influenced by the french so we can't say modern english is entirely the way it was intended, can we?

potens sui b.tch
[snapback]43956[/snapback]​

looks like we have a macrobber amongst us.

I'd rather not have to speak latin. So many damn grammatical rules and inflections.....

Hayden

Getting busier
Emeritus Staff
I only know Latin from singing, I wish I took it as a subject though.

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by anarchron@Jun 6 2007, 09:52 PM
Was her name Freda Green? Do you guys have to do Health Practice too?
[snapback]43961[/snapback]​

Yes and yes. UWS was far too busy to do anything like think up an entire curriculum so we just shopped around and picked the one we thought was best. So there we go, we're doing your curriculum. In fact, half your lecturers have flown up here to duplicate the lectures they give you.

There are differences though... we do one PBL a week and you do one every two weeks, I think. So perhaps we're a bit ahead of you PBL wise? If that's the case you've got a whole series of lectures on metabolism to look forward to :)

Jono

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by AussieChica@Jun 6 2007, 10:34 PM

Isn't that what doctors do anyway?

iKatiKa

Originally posted by l2_perch@Jun 7 2007, 04:54 PM
:blink:
[snapback]44037[/snapback]​

how amusing, look what i seem to have just found. (liv pointed me here - apearently as bored as i am) all my med buddies posting what they wanted to post on muso but knew theyed either be laughed at or kicked out for. i like. how have i survived this long without this added entertainment? must be that bat. :p

anyway im supposed to be cooking my own food tonight so i had better run.

love.
always and forever.
Ben.

ps. my god lachie, your pants are still truly astounding.

Oodelally

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by AussieChica@Jun 6 2007, 12:34 PM
totally

potens sui b.tch

Vos es ut decorus ut a mons montis sus. Utrum tis optimus permitto slings quod telum of virus tunc ut visum vestri features , tantum vicis mos di

potens sui - personal motto i take it? :p

everyone has their own latin motto! mine:

mammeatae, rotalia, testiculati, moni modo molesta sunt

l2_perch

Originally posted by iKatiKa@Jun 7 2007, 06:18 PM
how amusing, look what i seem to have just found. (liv pointed me here - apearently as bored as i am) all my med buddies posting what they wanted to post on muso but knew theyed either be laughed at or kicked out for. i like. how have i survived this long without this added entertainment? must be that bat. :p

anyway im supposed to be cooking my own food tonight so i had better run.

love.
  always and forever.
                            Ben.

ps. my god lachie, your pants are still truly astounding.
[snapback]44062[/snapback]​

The only difference between here and MUSO is the complete and utter lack of Ludo :p

iKatiKa

Originally posted by kevin@Jun 7 2007, 08:58 PM
b*tch
[snapback]44139[/snapback]​

lol dude you are a brave man, with any luck no int students will have found this. and if they have *meh. everybody loves you too much anwyay.

Status
Not open for further replies.