Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Post approved by moderator

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
What's the deal with that? It seems so inconvenient on my behalf.

New members may need to have posts approved before they are shown on the forum. It is a measure we have recently undertaken to help prevent spam and advertising. A moderator will get around to approving your post as soon as we can, but we do apologize for any inconvenience.

Shizzy

Staff
Administrator
Not all posts require moderation. If your post has been flagged it is because your username, IP, post contents, email or a combination of other factors, has been flagged in a global spam database. If your post isn't spam a moderator will approve it. Once you have enough posts / been approved enough your posts will no longer be checked against this spam database.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Eventually everyone posts will not require moderation. It takes a few posts before you are in the clear so to speak

bleukreuz

Is there any specific criteria in which the post will be awaiting moderation?
How many post will enable you to post freely?
What if you create your own thread? will I be needing to be moderated for my every post? because that will be... inconvenient to say the least.

I can sometimes post something and it will show up immediately but in other thread it's awaiting moderation. There's also the case where in the same thread, 1st post is immediate and 2nd post is awaiting mod.

This can be quite frustrating since sometimes my post doesn't seem to get approved, and the topic have moved on, so when it does finally get approved, my post will already be an old story.

I think this information should be added to the rules/post guidelines section to make it clear.

The reason some posts require moderation and some don't is because the text is checked against a spam database. It is possible something you say in this post is getting flagged as 'suspicious'. This is just an unfortunate side effect of us preventing spam.

After 10 posts you won't have any unapproved posts.

Hope that helps.

Jordan

Post count of 25 (?), it's really no different so don't bother trying to post pad (post useless posts just to increase your post count) because we will get frustrated of useless posts and the mods will just delete them. You'll become a regular member when you're good and ready, young padawan.

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
ok thanks!

(I hope this does not count as 'post padding'. Though if it does then the irony would be laughable)

It does. We have the like feature as a way of saying thanks without having to post an "ok thanks" post. Use it or else I will ban you. I hope you appreciate this advice. Do you understand?

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Got is joking. Sometimes hard to tell.

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
I am always joking. Im the patron saint of jokes. I hope you are taking notes; this will all be in your final exams to progress towards becoming a full member.

EDIT: haha it does seem like you understand chocolatesunshine. Well done :p

Last edited:

Kyle

Old Man MSO
Emeritus Staff
Then, to become a senior member you need to either be the son of, or save the life of another senior member.

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
Then, to become a senior member you need to either be the son of, or save the life of another senior member.

Does it count if you're the one who puts their life in danger? My master plan is unfolding.

League

God tbh.
It's a clever system. Well done with the coding to put the measure in place.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
I have approved your posts btw League. :)