Post grad MD Program Costs

Discussion in 'University of Queensland' started by Dr.Sat, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Dr.Sat

Dr.Sat New Member

Hello all,

Currently I am doing my Visiting Post Doc fellowship at The University of Adelaide. I have completed my Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Sciences (B.V.Sc/DVM) . Later I completed Masters (M.V.Sc) and Ph. D programs in Biochemistry .Now I am focusing my career in Scientific Research and Clinical Medicine related to human.I would like to know , if anybody has information regarding total expenses (including living expenses) of Post Grad MD program in UQ for permanent resident students.I look forward to here from you.
    Cheers,
    SAT

2. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
    Hi Dr Sat
    First you should be informed that Medicine in Aus is not a matter of just enroll and study. Each year there are around 1,500 MD places available countrywide for several thousand grads who want a place, it's a huge contest.

There are two types of place for Aus residents: gov-subsidised CSP and Aus full-fee (also a 3rd type Int'l full-fee but won't discuss it here). I think UQ offers only CSPs which is ~10.5K a year for 4 years. To win a place there you need GPA >5.0 in your most recent degree and a very very good GAMSAT score 68+ (top 4-5% among those taking this test). Living expenses ~20K/year if you live the frugal student lifestyle.

The Aus full-fee places are slightly less competitive to get in. Fees range from Notre Dame Sydney 32K/year to UMelb 63K/year. Not sure whether you are interested in these.

Quacks likes this.