So I just finished and got a message from a member with a heap of questions. I’ll try to summarise them all:I have mine at 1 pm today I'll reply here to let you guys know how it went
1. It was alright - I’m not in a position where I HAVE to get into med school and unfortunately due to my personal circumstance the UCAT has slipped to very low on my priority list hence I didn’t study nearly as much as I planned to.
2. It was definitely more difficult than the Medify questions and mocks. Mainly due to the length; all of the VR were long ones and the QR questions were also longer than usual. Oh yeah and the DM section ones where you place yes or no in the boxes; the passages for some of those were also massive.
3. Format was the same as what I got in purchased practice schemes.
4. Yes they provide a locker for you to put belongings in. You’re not allowed any food or drink.
5. It was a small room with heaps of computers and one person was particularly annoying so noise is definitely an issue. I bought my own ear plugs but they did offer me some when I asked.
6. Yes they gave use laminated sheets. These were permanent markers though so couldn’t hand erase. About 5 ish sheets that were double sided. Plenty for me.
7. I didn’t get a sheet with my results like the UKCAT fellas do. I got told that I’ll get them by email. Perhaps that’s cause I’m first? Not sure.
8. How did I not freak out? Mainly due to point 1 but I highly highly recommend you try and chill out as much as possible. With some questions if you freak out and you have to re-read the passage or start from scratch you may as well guess and click next.
9. Things I would have studied differently:
More AR and reading practice for VR and DM. I’m currently employed as a engineer so deal with mental maths daily but even then I couldn’t finish the QR section in time.
Don’t stress out my dudes. Save your stress for exams and pool your resources into interview prep instead. You got this.