Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Post-UCAT Discussion 2019

Winger42

Am I right to say that entry to dentistry at the University of Adelaide is 100% interview (provided you meet the UCAT and ATAR cutoffs) and only about 1/6 pass the interview?

A1

Admissions Speculator

TKAO

crossed fingers for ATAR
Gold star winner
Worth applying anywhere with a 2490?
If you are rural you might still be able to apply to places. Otherwise, get a high ATAR and cross your fingers for griffith or USC (99.6+). JCU also doesn't look at your UCAT at all. Virtually no other uni will consider you unfortunately unless you are rural.

If you are rural you might still be able to apply to places. Otherwise, get a high ATAR and cross your fingers for griffith or USC (99.6+). JCU also doesn't look at your UCAT at all. Virtually no other uni will consider you unfortunately unless you are rural.
Sydney pre entry, and bond University are the other ones as well as unimelb. Sydney requires a 99.95 and Melbourne 99.90. Might be missing one or two.

Dnama

Can non standards apply to USC using their ATAR?

TKAO

crossed fingers for ATAR
Gold star winner
Sydney pre entry, and bond University are the other ones as well as unimelb. Sydney requires a 99.95 and Melbourne 99.90. Might be missing one or two.
Those never really crosses my mind because they are either too hard to get or too expensive (cough bond) - but yea maybe tm2001 can get a 99.95

PiKay

It is the UCAT ANZ ID
Hi,
My first post.

I have fille VTAC application and I was asked for the UCAT ANZ ID.

I have also fille the QTAC one and I was not asked for this information.
Have I done something wrong with my application or is this the same for others?

CatzDreaming

Please let me into med :(
Hi,
My first post.

I have fille VTAC application and I was asked for the UCAT ANZ ID.

I have also fille the QTAC one and I was not asked for this information.
Have I done something wrong with my application or is this the same for others?
Happened to me as well, pretty sure QTAC will confirm your UCAT ANZ ID by contacting Pearson or the appropriate individuals who have our UCAT details.

A1

Admissions Speculator
Happened to me as well, pretty sure QTAC will confirm your UCAT ANZ ID by contacting Pearson or the appropriate individuals who have our UCAT details.
I don't think the TACs will be contacting Pearson. Like ACER/UMAT Pearson will send an electronic version of UCAT results to the TACs to use. Apparently QTAC identifies you on Pearson's list by name & DoB, they don't need the ID number.

CatzDreaming

Please let me into med :(
I don't think the TACs will be contacting Pearson. Like ACER/UMAT Pearson will send an electronic version of UCAT results to the TACs to use. Apparently QTAC identifies you on Pearson's list by name & DoB, they don't need the ID number.
Ahh thanks for correcting me A1.

BRUH

What are my chances of getting into a med program with ucat 2870 (92%ile)/ What way should I put my preferences to get the best chance? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Crow

Moderator Band
What are my chances of getting into a med program with ucat 2870 (92%ile)/ What way should I put my preferences to get the best chance? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is highly dependent on your ATAR for most universities (as well as whether that is actually your specific UCAT percentile, which you can't really know at this stage). As for preferences, at this stage of the admissions process there's no way to "game the system" to give yourself a better chance, so just place your preferences in the actual order that you want them to be in.

A1

Admissions Speculator
What are my chances of getting into a med program with ucat 2870 (92%ile)
What's your predicted/actual ATAR? Are you a uni student/non-standard? What state are you from? Which schools do you want to apply to? Are you eligible for Rural? Any EAS?

IOW just a UCAT %ile is useless to us.

BRUH

predicted/actual ATAR?
I am QLD op 1-2 probably in the low 99, any school is good [would like UQ but likely too low (fine with interstate)], not rural.
UCAT percentile, which you can't really know at this stage
As for my calculated percentile, I did this by finding my z score (std from the mean) and correlated with a normal z-score to percentile table so I feel this percentile is accurate to +-1%. Would this be correct to do?

pokopoko99

Hi I'm in a bit of a mess with vague ATAR conversions so I'm quite lost about my chances for interviews. Is someone able to give some advice on interview chances and also if I get an interview whether it would be realistic to get an offer assuming I didn't fail the interview (to try make it a bit clearer say for example a hypothetical 80%ile+)? My UCAT was 2970 so I think 96th%ile? I'm applying domestic from NZ so no bonuses of any sort and can't get bmps

This might get a bit confusing so I'll try make it easier for whoever takes the time to reply. I'll put the name of the uni followed by 2 atar estimates the first one being a lowest possible estimate (so I don't get my hopes up too much) followed by a more realistic estimate based on all the information sources I've heard from. So would whoever replies just say yes/no followed by any comments in consecutive order for both of the atar scores.
e.g. yes- low chance. need a very strong interview), yes- need a strong interview) etc.

UNSW (99.45, 99.50)
Monash (99.15 ,99.25)
Adelaide (99.15, 99.25) or if they look at 4 a levels then (99.45)
Curtin (99.15)

And correct me if I'm wrong but I am assuming that my scores should get jmp and wsu interviews.

Thank you

A1

Admissions Speculator
I am QLD op 1-2 probably in the low 99, any school is good [would like UQ but likely too low (fine with interstate)], not rural.
Low 99s/92%ile is a touch too low for UNSW & Monash, might get UQ bonded though. I think you will be marginal for WSU but should get interviews with Adelaide, JMP, UWA & Curtin if you apply to them. JCU is much dependent on your written application.

As for my calculated percentile, I did this by finding my z score (std from the mean) and correlated with a normal z-score to percentile table so I feel this percentile is accurate to +-1%. Would this be correct to do?
FunTimes posted the 2018 percentile table below. Since 90th was 2810 then and 2830 this year I suggest you deduct your Overall score by 20 then read off this table. That should give a good idea of your percentile, +/-1 at most.

ScorePercentileScorePercentileScorePercentileScorePercentile

A1

Admissions Speculator
Hi I'm in a bit of a mess with vague ATAR conversions so I'm quite lost about my chances for interviews. Is someone able to give some advice on interview chances and also if I get an interview whether it would be realistic to get an offer assuming I didn't fail the interview (to try make it a bit clearer say for example a hypothetical 80%ile+)? My UCAT was 2970 so I think 96th%ile? I'm applying domestic from NZ so no bonuses of any sort and can't get bmps

This might get a bit confusing so I'll try make it easier for whoever takes the time to reply. I'll put the name of the uni followed by 2 atar estimates the first one being a lowest possible estimate (so I don't get my hopes up too much) followed by a more realistic estimate based on all the information sources I've heard from. So would whoever replies just say yes/no followed by any comments in consecutive order for both of the atar scores.
e.g. yes- low chance. need a very strong interview), yes- need a strong interview) etc.

UNSW (99.45, 99.50)
Monash (99.15 ,99.25)
Adelaide (99.15, 99.25) or if they look at 4 a levels then (99.45)
Curtin (99.15)

And correct me if I'm wrong but I am assuming that my scores should get jmp and wsu interviews.

Thank you
With these ATAR estimates + 96%ile you should get interviews at all these schools except possibly Monash. I estimate your chances for a place offer are around 20% to 40%, so if your interview is 80%ile among the interview cohort you should be successful. I wouldn't be as optimistic if it's a median interview.

Edited: I have deducted 10% off your chances considering you are not eligible for bonded i.e. you need a higher final rank for unbonded.