Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Post UCAT Discussion Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhsane

I just sat mine in NZ and I got 3370! Highest score I've gotten.
I found the VR was pretty easy compared to mocks, DM similar to mocks, QR easier but I messed up in 6 questions and AR I did not find super easy but I managed to get 900?
Good luck to everyone! I'm majorly surprised because I was sure I screwed up

Nardwuar

I found the VR was pretty easy compared to mocks, DM similar to mocks, QR easier but I messed up in 6 questions and AR I did not find super easy but I managed to get 900?
u absolute legend, would you be comfortable posting your subset breakdowns and some strategies you use that you found worked well?

jhsane

To those that have done the test this year, how big was the font size? Is it the same size as the official bank?
For me the font was bigger than the mocks!
The passages for VR were pretty short too (content removed), roughly the same as the official ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the font was bigger than the mocks!
The passages for VR were pretty short too (content removed), roughly the same as the official ones?
Were there political and long histroical passages asked, and also what were you averaging for your mocks ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing, how did you find eah subtest. Can you give a breif summary of each of them and compare them with your mocks. Also any tips and tridcs to increase speed and accuracy

jhsane

u absolute legend, would you be comfortable posting your subset breakdowns and some strategies you use that you found worked well?
Sure! I got:
VR 790
DM 810
QR 870
AR 900

And SJT 621 rip (I sorta prepared for this one too but I was super out of it)

We had some sign in problems at my centre so I spent the time just clearing my head and pacing for 30 minutes which I think helped me a lot. I did no revision day of exam (today) and 4 mini mocks yesterday but other than that I just relaxed.
Preparation wise, I did on and off from Feb with entire months off in April and May but then intensive 1 week before the exam?
This was my first time sitting the exam so I asked a few friends who had sat it before for advice and started preparing with the clunky keyboards very early - I practiced number pad drills before practice sessions until it became second nature which I think helps a lot.
Also I went to a public library once to practice on their computers which was pretty useful too I think? I think trying to mimic the official exam conditions helps with nerves - I was super stressed before the exam (super nauseous and bad sleep the past 3 nights) so I think this saved me :)

ThunderDragon

Congrats on your amazing score!!! What did you get for your Official Mocks if you did them?

serotonin

Sure! I got:
VR 790
DM 810
QR 870
AR 900

And SJT 621 rip (I sorta prepared for this one too but I was super out of it)

We had some sign in problems at my centre so I spent the time just clearing my head and pacing for 30 minutes which I think helped me a lot. I did no revision day of exam (today) and 4 mini mocks yesterday but other than that I just relaxed.
Preparation wise, I did on and off from Feb with entire months off in April and May but then intensive 1 week before the exam?
This was my first time sitting the exam so I asked a few friends who had sat it before for advice and started preparing with the clunky keyboards very early - I practiced number pad drills before practice sessions until it became second nature which I think helps a lot.
Also I went to a public library once to practice on their computers which was pretty useful too I think? I think trying to mimic the official exam conditions helps with nerves - I was super stressed before the exam (super nauseous and bad sleep the past 3 nights) so I think this saved me :)
what centre did you sit your exam at ? well done on the amazing score !!! :)

jhsane

Congrats on your amazing score!!! What did you get for your Official Mocks if you did them?
Around 2900! Official Mock A was super hard but then the VR for B C and D wasn't representative because I had seen some questions in the banks lol

what centre did you sit your exam at ? well done on the amazing score !!! :)
Auldhouse Computer Training Ponsonby Auckland
Thank you!!

DonTheDoc

Around 2900! Official Mock A was super hard but then the VR for B C and D wasn't representative because I had seen some questions in the banks lol

Auldhouse Computer Training Ponsonby Auckland
Thank you!!
Congrats on such an awesome score. For VR, what would you say your general strategy is?

Hey,

How bad is a score of 2770? I want to go to Griffith so it doesn't really matter but it's a bit lower that what I expected from practice 😅

VR 650
DM 650
QR 830
VR 640

unbroken

Hey,

How bad is a score of 2770? I want to go to Griffith so it doesn't really matter but it's a bit lower that what I expected from practice 😅

VR 650
DM 650
QR 830
VR 640
congrats! it depends on which unis you want to apply for etc but 2770 is definitely not a "bad" score, although it's all relative. how did you find the QR section compared to official mocks?

congrats! it depends on which unis you want to apply for etc but 2770 is definitely not a "bad" score, although it's all relative. how did you find the QR section compared to official mocks?
Thanks.....

I actually found the QR quite a bit easier since I almost always ran out of time in the official mocks.....

I read question first usually but the exam passages were short enough for me to read in whole because I'm a pretty fast reader :)
Congrats on your score! Do you have any tips for VR I'm struggling to keep my score above 600 in timed conditions? I tend to use the read the question first and skim for the answer strategy, it works for t/f/ct but otherwise I spend too much time on the other questions. Anything will help!

icandoit

I have retaken the UCAT for a second time this year! Seeing all your AMAZING scores makes me think the UCAT 90th percentile will likely be around 3000 this year.........who agrees?

My last year scores are in brackets

VR: 700 (590)
DM: 660 (780)
QR: 730 (660)
AR: 750 (690)

SJT: 637 (533)

Overall: 2840 (2720)

My brain is too fried to write out how I felt in each section but if anyone asks I will be happy to reply perhaps tomorrow :) I sincerely hope this isn't too low for non-standard entry. This happened to me last year I thought my score was 83rd percentile but the percentiles shifted so it ended up being 73rd. Since this is roughly 85th last year in my mind i expect it to go down to 75th which may not be enough for a rural candidate at UoA dentistry or CSU.

Hey mod's please remove my last paragraph if it violates anything. I tried not to "ask" about scores or predictions as I know that is BANNED. This was just me personally reflecting haha.

Also I am in VIC and my testing centre was closed but managed to move it to an open one on the same day. PHEW! anyone in the sam eboat? When has the testing period been extended to? When does everyone think percentiles will be released?

related

hey guys, i did the ucat this morning and didn't do well. i received 2420 :(

As a rural applicant, is it even worth applying for any universities with this score?

Status
Not open for further replies.