• MSO wishes all applicants the best of luck in the UCAT!
    Remember, it is important not to post content about specific questions until this season is over (feel free to message a moderator about questions that we can collate later) but we would love to hear about your experiences and results!
    Cheers, Mana
    P.S. you can't dismiss this message

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Practicing in the UK after graduating from NZ

Startersbar

Otago MBChB II
Hi there

I was wondering if anyone had any information about the requirements and difficulties of trying to get a license and work as a GP in the UK after graduating from a NZ medical school. This could be after getting a bachelor or a fellowship. I found this webpage so far: Working in Britain for non-UK doctors But I also wanted to see if anyone had any personal experience about this. Is it even possible?

chinaski

Aside from the obvious issue of working within the NHS (something that UK-trained doctors are actively try to avoid by leaving their own country), the bigger issue at hand currently is what will happen post-Brexit. There is no answer to this as the UK is in chaos presently, and nobody knows what arrangements will be in place after March. However, if it goes ahead, be aware that this may well bring about extra red tape and barriers against any non-UK citizen working there - I'd be putting money on the likelihood that it will become harder.