• MSO wishes all applicants the best of luck in the UCAT!
    Remember, it is important not to post content about specific questions until this season is over (feel free to message a moderator about questions that we can collate later) but we would love to hear about your experiences and results!
    Cheers, Mana
    P.S. you can't dismiss this message

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Pre-UCAT Discussion 2019

toothfairy13

I used to use a lot of space doing diagrams/tables for DM and calculations for QR. What I found helpful in reducing the amount of space I used was simply writing smaller - it doesn't sound too easy to do when you're feverishly scribbling things down, but by consciously writing smaller I was able to drastically reduce the amount of paper I used (by the end I was using only one or two sheets per exam). In the actual exam, the marker you're given has quite a fine tip, and the noteboard has a 0.5 mm grid, which helps a lot with writing small.
Thank youuu! I’ll definitely give it a try!
Just because I don’t beljeve anything they’ve told me over the phone, does the number pad work?!?!

Smelly Boy

Fourth time’s the charm
Some of the negative experience are really worrying me! Has anyone done/will do the UCAT at the location shown in the image? Could you please let me know how they are? I emailed them earlier last week regarding how many laminated papers they give us & they replied:

“Thanks for your enquiry. We do follow Pearson Vue recommended service according to UCAT reference guide. Of course we do provide the candidates extra notebooks as many as they need. If you need extra facilities please ask through pearson vue we will try to provide you on that day. Good luck to your exam.”

If they aren’t a good test centre I could just reschedule my test to another date with another test centre

Attachments

tbarker

Mildly helpful
I am sitting at ITIC too. Maybe we should all call and complain to Pearsons!
We definitely need earplugs at least.
If your concentration relies entirely on having complete silence you're going to be in for a bad time regardless of whether you get earplugs or not. Earplugs and earmuffs can both be as distracting as any sounds around you when you take into account incorrect sizing, uncomfortable fits etc.

Just try and get into a zone, everyone else is doing exams as well so they're relatively easy to tune out as it's just the clicking of keyboards and mice.

sloth

It's more like for not hearing anyone swearing :(.
I was in the library last week trying to do a practice test when there was this guy who kept on and on... that was pretty distracting...

toothfairy13

Some of the negative experience are really worrying me! Has anyone done/will do the UCAT at the location shown in the image? Could you please let me know how they are? I emailed them earlier last week regarding how many laminated papers they give us & they replied:

“Thanks for your enquiry. We do follow Pearson Vue recommended service according to UCAT reference guide. Of course we do provide the candidates extra notebooks as many as they need. If you need extra facilities please ask through pearson vue we will try to provide you on that day. Good luck to your exam.”

If they aren’t a good test centre I could just reschedule my test to another date with another test centre
I initially booked my exam with IT Route Training and Cert but rescheduled - now I’m sitting it in ITIC. If you’re planning on rescheduling, especially for a date after the 20th, you may want to do it ASAP - when I called a few days ago, they barely had any slots available.

Last edited:

Smelly Boy

Fourth time’s the charm
I initially booked my exam with IT Route Training and Cert but rescheduled - now I’m sitting it in ITIC. If you’re planning on rescheduling, especially for a date after the 20th, you may want to do it ASAP - when I called a few days ago, they barely had any slots available.
Don’t think I’d wanna do it at ITIC since some ppl expressed negative sentiments for that test centre

lunalunaluna

Is anyone else finding the UCAT official mock QR and QR and question bank extremely difficult? I've been working off medify and after seeing these am really concerned. Would appreciate any feedback

hogooma

Hello,

Anyone has some tips for VR..?
I am reading the passages and after I look at the question I forget all the details in the passage (maybe mainly because I am just skim reading) and so I have to look for the keyword all the way from the start and so I can't finish all the questions within that 21 minutes..