Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Pre-UCAT Discussion 2020

fray20

Hey guys, does anyone know or have a list of any unit conversions and formulas that would help for QR? I feel like that would help improve my speed but I’m not sure which ones would be relevant to the test.

Fili

Dentist 🦷
Oh okay. I've been doing quite a bit of AR and consistently getting 600 - 650 with only being able to crack 750 this morning so kinda concerned whereas with DM and QR, I haven't actually done that much so hoping I can have room to improve.

I think getting comfy with also figuring out 1/4 of a rule and choosing an answer is key for AR. I don't think I bothered finding out the full rule and just selected answers for what seemed like part of a rule and I did well in it for the real deal. Flagging and time management is also v important for AR.

ThunderDragon

Try not to be too discouraged about AR - if you don't end up getting even a few patterns, that can be half your marks gone because there's really only ~15 patterns in the subsection. If you keep practising you are sure to improve, and when you do, it will likely be exponential. I'm not exceptionally good at AR in any way, but I remember there was a point in time when I was super frustrated with not being able to get anything, then a short while after I could comfortably figure out a good number of patterns.
Oh okay I hope I can improve on AR!

I think getting comfy with also figuring out 1/4 of a rule and choosing an answer is key for AR. I don't think I bothered finding out the full rule and just selected answers for what seemed like part of a rule and I did well in it for the real deal. Flagging and time management is also v important for AR.
Oh okay I see. Thanks!

N182

Hey guys, does anyone know or have a list of any unit conversions and formulas that would help for QR? I feel like that would help improve my speed but I’m not sure which ones would be relevant to the test.
I'm not too sure what unit conversions are relevant, but I remember a question where mL to cm^3 and mL to L was assumed and not given. Also knowing conversions from mm to cm to m to km I would say is also assumed, as well as sec,mins,hrs,days,years.

S

Sokka

Any advice on how to wear a face mask without my glasses fogging up?

someday

Any advice on how to wear a face mask without my glasses fogging up?
unless they're super strict about it, just cover your mouth with the mask and let it rest underneath your nose. if you have/want to fully cover your face (probably the safer way health wise) get one of those masks that have a wire going horizontally along the top and pinch it really hard against the top of your nose - this should stop it from fogging up :)

AJ

Hi guys,
Is the official UCAT question bank (the subtests) the same content as the Mocks?
Thanks

AJ13

Anyone else feeling a bit down after receiving a slap in the face from the UCAT Official Mocks?
Try not to let it get you down, take each incorrect answer as way to learn how to do it beter next time!
I completed official mock B yesterday and scored decently in VR/DM but found the AR section harder than mock A (anyone else experience this?). Honestly it's better to be exposed to your weaknesses now than on test day. Keep plugging along!

whys

Anyone else feeling a bit down after receiving a slap in the face from the UCAT Official Mocks?
Yessir. Don't worry too much (I know this is easier said than done, I know exactly how you feel). The official mocks were much harder than other mocks I've done, but the official mock QR is notorious for being ridiculously hard (and overall the official mocks are, on average, considered a bit harder than 'normal') - don't beat yourself up about it. Keep your head up and keep practising!

NW1205

Yeah don't be too discouraged. I think for the official mocks I kept getting like 2300 to 2400 but in the real deal I got 2870.
You make me feel so much better! I'm definitely getting lower marks in the official mocks vs prep companies and exam is in a couple of days. Stressing out a little.

Fili

Dentist 🦷
You make me feel so much better! I'm definitely getting lower marks in the official mocks vs prep companies and exam is in a couple of days. Stressing out a little.

Yeah if your test is in a couple of days, I reckon don't do too much work from now on. The best thing you can do is to chill a bit and relax so you go into the test as stress-free as possible.

KM7

ADL
yeah I did official mock D and AR was super hard :( the patterns weren't very usual :(

Hey, I just did the same one this morning! Thoughts on the other sections in comparison to other resources? Just to gauge how difficult it may have been for others...