Pre-UMAT 2018 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'UMAT' started by SirNubby, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kat92

Kat92 Student (BDemCare, BBeSt). Hopeful for JMP 2020

Volunteer St John First Responder/ Health Student.
    From what I have done of it so far, I haven't come across anything that has been difficult in paper 3. Paper 2 in my opinion has been the hardest one I have completed through ACER as a lot of the answers were similiar in nature.

I was reading an article the other day that mentioned sometimes it is not always about getting the answers right in the practice papers but understanding how the answers were reached and the logical/rational methods used so as to see trends when sitting the actual exam! :)

2. Trinhcent

Trinhcent Member

Hey everybody, ACER has published a new practice paper (Practice Paper 4). Has anyone here done the paper yet and could give their thoughts on its difficulty in relation to the other papers? :D

3. Woo18

Woo18 Member

Chasing some advice on how to improve the understanding people and logical thinking componants of the umat test

4. Kat92

Understanding people- lots of reading of novels and using empathy to think about what is happening.

Logical thinking- Look for key words/phrases, use info in the passage, note correlation and causation.

5. LMG!

LMG! UTAS MBBS I Moderator

Clinical Psychologist
    Understanding people: Don't second guess yourself. Your initial 'gut' reaction is more likely to be the correct response and trust me when I say you will just waste way too much time going round in circles if you let yourself.

6. Kat92

S3 is a bit like that as well- I have found the first one I go for tends to be correct but still sometimes second guess myself when going through the papers. S1 you may need to re-read though just to make sure you are nutting it out properly.