Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Priority 3 Applicants for Victorian Internship

I'm graduating from an NZ university this year and am quite keen on making the move over to Melbourne and am currently working on my application. Of course, under the Victorian scheme I come under the lowest priority of applicant - 3 out of 3.

I wonder if anyone knows what sort of chance someone from priority 3 has of getting a job at one of the main metropolitan networks in Melbourne (or also Sydney!). I know for Victoria that I would be the same priority as someone coming from interstate - do interstate grads ever get metro jobs in melbourne?

Thanks for your help!

Perplex

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I'm graduating from an NZ university this year and am quite keen on making the move over to Melbourne and am currently working on my application. Of course, under the Victorian scheme I come under the lowest priority of applicant - 3 out of 3.

I wonder if anyone knows what sort of chance someone from priority 3 has of getting a job at one of the main metropolitan networks in Melbourne (or also Sydney!). I know for Victoria that I would be the same priority as someone coming from interstate - do interstate grads ever get metro jobs in melbourne?

Thanks for your help!

I think data should be available on the PMCV site. As a priority 3, unfortunately, I imagine your chances are very low. Have you considered applying to a more regional location? I imagine your chances would be a bit higher there.

F

footballcake

Hi all. Wanting to know as a Priority 3 what the chances like for interning in somewhere like Ballarat (top choice) for an interstate (NSW) medical school applicant?

wxyzumab

Lurker
hi everyone. also interested in knowing this if anyone can give advice.
I'm an interstate (Qld) applicatant wanting to move to Melbourne eventually. I'm planning on applying to Melb hospitals but also regional Vic as I recognise I probs don't have much chance landing a Melbourne internship.

How did you get on with the match? Did you apply to move after your TI year or to replace your TI year with the Australian intern year?

Thanks for your help!

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads