• UCAT results are out! Just kidding, I'm just testing the notices system. Cheers, Mana

Prospects for Internship in QLD class of 2018 stats

CDN@JCU

These are the stats for the class of 2018 so far - for internationals (not guaranteed spots for internship)

In summary, this year 488 internationals applied for internship positions in Queensland. To date, 33 got positions and 4 are up for grabs. This obviously does not count CMI positions.

JCU internationals had their clinical year hospitals at Townsville, Cairns and Mackay (and Darwin). They were vying for 12 spots (within these 3 hospitals) - I am pretty sure there are roughly more than 15 internationals in the 2018 class. There were 6 in Mackay this year and only 1 has gotten the position (through QLD Health) so far - and Mackay accepted 1 over their limit already.

This post is for internationals thinking of applying for med school in QLD. It will become harder in years to come (as it is mentioned many times in several threads I am sure).

something to think about before applying

I would love to see stats from other states if they are available anywhere

Cheers

Mana

Registrar
Administrar
These are the stats for the class of 2018 so far - for internationals (not guaranteed spots for internship)

In summary, this year 488 internationals applied for internship positions in Queensland. To date, 33 got positions and 4 are up for grabs. This obviously does not count CMI positions.

JCU internationals had their clinical year hospitals at Townsville, Cairns and Mackay (and Darwin). They were vying for 12 spots (within these 3 hospitals) - I am pretty sure there are roughly more than 15 internationals in the 2018 class. There were 6 in Mackay this year and only 1 has gotten the position (through QLD Health) so far - and Mackay accepted 1 over their limit already.

This post is for internationals thinking of applying for med school in QLD. It will become harder in years to come (as it is mentioned many times in several threads I am sure).

something to think about before applying

I would love to see stats from other states if they are available anywhere

Cheers
You can find the NSW stats from the past years on the HETI website - there is an annual document that gets published, although 2018's recruitment one won't be out for several months.