Griffith QTAC vs UAC Applications

Discussion in 'Griffith' started by nastya47, Jul 8, 2017.

1. nastya47

nastya47 New Member

Hi everyone :)

I was just browsing through the threads under this forum, and under the 'Nathan vs GC' thread (Nathan vs Gold Coast), someone suggested that by applying for the BMedSci through UAC (in addition to QTAC), you can increase your chances of getting in?

Specifically, @HelloWorld said "What I'd recommend you do, if you really want to increase your chances of getting in, is to also apply via UAC to the Griffith GC medsci program." The reason I did not contact this user directly regarding this, is because they have not been active in 2 yrs, so I doubt they would reply.

All advice regarding admission to BMedSci at GC/Gold Coast would be immensely appreciated!! I am in Year 12 and am submitting QTAC applications soon!

Many thanks,
    S

2. Mana

Mana Resident Medical Officer Administrar

Resident Medical Officer
    It does not increase your chances (the cutoff for entry is the same through QTAC and UAC). The point was that you could apply for QTAC preferences using UAC and save an application fee to QTAC.

LMG! likes this.
  3. A1

A1 Admissions Speculator Moderator

UWA MD
    The rumour was in fact the other way around, Griffith cutoff under QTAC was slightly lower than under UAC. This does not affect QLD students who use QTAC by default. Only to NSW students who may use UAC for both NSW & QLD unis to save the QTAC fee so they were advised to do both.

Wrt to your other post about OP1, with the cutoff being around 99.80 you need to be in the top 20% of OP1s. An MSO member last year said they could ask the school to give an ATAR equivalent prediction.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  4. AgentWin

AgentWin New Member

If you applied for MedSci on both UAC and QTAC, when UAC offers come out on the 11th of January and you get in MedSci then, will you also still get an offer for it through QTAC on 16th of January? Or will Griffith automatically recognise that you have received an offer from UAC and simply not give you one for the same course on QTAC later on?

5. Crow

Crow Griffith MD Most Active 2018

If it's the highest preference that you're eligible for in both UAC and QTAC, I believe you'll receive an offer from both - not that there is any reason to have it in your QTAC preferences if it's already in your UAC preferences.

AgentWin likes this.