Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Quick Questions 2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKHO

UNSW vouches not to disadvantage interstate applicants. They reserve enough places for round2 offers so that round2/interstate offer cutoff is not higher than round1 (and often is lower than round1 thus a few round1 locals get a round2 offer).

VTAC stats showed Monash made ~210 round1 offers out of 240, so they reserve only 30 places for round2. Based on scheduled interview slots about 80 interstates are invited, but a high number don't turn up after having received a home state offer. In my year not enough turned up, every interstate who went got an offer and Monash even invited more afterwards to top up. In ucatboy's year practically everyone he knew got an offer. But I hear last year was very different, probably due to COVID.
If it was due to COVID, this factor will apply to this year also.
Don't speculate.
One should get a frank reply from the admission team.

Last edited:

A1

Rookie Doc
One should get a frank reply from the admission team.
Can you please help get a frank reply from WSU what the UCAT section weightings are? ;)

On that note I quote this WSU policy statement > Admissions Policy / Policy DDS
"(1) This policy provides the framework for ensuring admission to study at the University is undertaken in a fair, transparent and consistent manner".

I don't think WSU is transparent enough on the UCAT weightings. I'm willing to contribute $10 to a "Fight for WSU Transparency" fund, anyone cares to join in? 🤣

Can you please help get a frank reply from WSU what the UCAT section weightings are? ;)

"(1) This policy provides the framework for ensuring admission to study at the University is undertaken in a fair, transparent and consistent manner".

I don't think WSU is transparent enough on the UCAT weightings. I'm willing to contribute $10 to a "Fight for WSU Transparency" fund, anyone cares to join in? 🤣
Yea I'll shout

Reactions: A1

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
Reactions: A1

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
Or as LMG! put it ... historically informed and carefully considered speculation

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
Can confirm this is a direct quote, no speculation involved!
Guess I speculated that speculation was involved... 🤣

On a more serious note I'm happy do do that FOI myself for WSU considering I am applying there this year. If someone else types it up ill pay the fee and submit the request and will report back to MSO members.

JKHO

You hear last year was very different, probably due to COVID.
To be more specific, one should get a frank reply from the Monash admission team.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Isn’t Freedom of Information for Government departments and gov agencies? I don’t think WSU would be obliged to tell us.
I actually have no idea how FOI requests work but… WSU isn’t a private university, it’s a government institution (or whatever the technical term is, like I said… not my strong suit). Anyhoo… it’s definitely possible (though The Act isn’t called the FOI Act anymore, that was superseded) Subpoenas and Requests for Information | Western Sydney University

A1

Rookie Doc

A1

Rookie Doc
Did anyone actually act on this?
You mean in general or this particular matter?
If the latter do you know of a lawyer family friend, or one who will write a lawyer's letter for $40?

On a serious note can LMG! help write the letter for us for Nonstandard983 to submit, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.