Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Quick Questions 2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
yea oath g you are set. I also skipped through SJT which was a yikes, i only clicked most appropriate or least appropriate for every question and no middle ground. Reflecting on that, it definitely wasn't the best idea.

But for sure, a 3050 will defo carry you and even if they do weigh SJT, it shouldnt affect your score that much.
Yeah, pretty much what I did too, looking back it was very silly but I was under the assumption it didn't matter for any of the universities I was eligible to apply for. Again though I doubt they will use this but if they do I'm not stressed.

Scrivo_72

The Humerus 2021
Yeah, pretty much what I did too, looking back it was very silly but I was under the assumption it didn't matter for any of the universities I was eligible to apply for. Again though I doubt they will use this but if they do I'm not stressed.
yea oath, it low key sounds like your stressed, and if you are, dont even sweat it g. A 3040 for a rural applicant is the poggest thing on this site, like they shouldnt even have to interview you, just straight offer.

MyHeadee

I'm not too fussed either way, I got a 3050 so even though my SJT was atrocious (I borderline skipped through it without putting TOO much thought into it) I'm sure the rest of my score will carry me through due to how much lower rural percentiles are when compared to the general entry pathway. I just highly doubt they'd use it at all, it doesn't make any sense to me when an MMI is a far better judge of situational judgement.
Ez entry for you lad

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
Not applying to Curtin because you have not completed a degree?
Geezz you'd be a top candidate for Curtin, and no need to move/sell furniture ;)
I wish, I'm just trying to get my foot in the door wherever I can. I would have a guaranteed interview with Notre Dame if I had completed a degree because I am half way through their pre-medicine certificate (its an extra 4 units over the course of your degree that looks ay systematic issues and inequalities within medicine and guarantees you and interview if you satisfactorily complete it and maintain a 5.8 GPA) If I get my foot in the door over east at UNSW, JMP or WSU though ill take it with both hands and make the jump.

Are there any unis for which we can be sure that they do not have a minimum interview performance requirement?
e.g. 33+33+0=67

67/100 is enough to get an offer

A1

Rookie Doc
Are there any unis for which we can be sure that they do not have a minimum interview performance requirement?
e.g. 33+33+0=67
67/100 is enough to get an offer
JCU doesn't need to impose a minimum interview performance because top ATAR + low interview is itself not enough for an offer.

Similarly for UQ, top ATAR+UCAT = 25+25 isn't enough. Adelaide top ATAR+UCAT = 40+20 unlikely enough considering their offer ratio is 1 in 4-5. Curtin is also 40+20, offer ratio is 1 in 3 but 60ish is unlikely enough.

UNSW we believe has a minimum, that leaves just Monash & UWA in question. I used to believe Monash didn't have a minimum required but last year I saw a Vic local with near top ATAR+UCAT (which should be enough for offer ratio 1 in 2.2) didn't get an offer, so maybe they do now.

Hello
For the Griffith bachelor of dental health science, if I live in NSW, was I meant to apply through UAC or QTAC or does it not really matter. I remember before I used to have to apply via UAC but on the website it just says QTAC now?

Thanks

A1

Rookie Doc
For the Griffith bachelor of dental health science, if I live in NSW, was I meant to apply through UAC or QTAC or does it not really matter.
If/when available via UAC it's optional, from NSW you can apply through either. But I think it's no longer available right?

Hi everyone, I recently received an interview offer for Griffith Bachelor of dental health science. Does anyone know about the atar requirement for this course? Considering that I have got quite a low UCAT score and I am from interstate.

If/when available via UAC it's optional, from NSW you can apply through either. But I think it's no longer available right?
It does appear to be gone but I thought maybe it wasn't showing up because it was past the closing date for the application. I did apply via the QTAC method though. Thanks a lot !

polo16

Hey I'm not sure which part of mso I should post this but just wanted to ask you guys about the griffith med atar requirements. I have noticed that before 2021 admission the atar required was 99.5 whereas it shot up to 99.75 (i think) last year. Is there a reason for this? Is it more than likely to stay at the inflated atar from this year onwards?

Caffeine

Hey I'm not sure which part of mso I should post this but just wanted to ask you guys about the griffith med atar requirements. I have noticed that before 2021 admission the atar required was 99.5 whereas it shot up to 99.75 (i think) last year. Is there a reason for this? Is it more than likely to stay at the inflated atar from this year onwards?
It was not an inflated atar, the year it was .5 was an outlier

jazzy31

It is likely to stay at 99.75 as that follows the usual trend…I heard there were a lower number of applicants in 2019 that’s why the atar dropped but that’s hearsay… possible it drops but not likely

AM74

A really trivial question but I just realised I don’t know the answer and I was wondering…
For the JMP (and JPM) course, what does the graduation certificate say? Do some graduates get a certificate saying UON and some get UNE or do they put both Uni logos on for everyone?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
A really trivial question but I just realised I don’t know the answer and I was wondering…
For the JMP (and JPM) course, what does the graduation certificate say? Do some graduates get a certificate saying UON and some get UNE or do they put both Uni logos on for everyone?
You’re only enrolled at one Uni, so it’d be a testamur from that Uni. The course is JMP/JPM but that’s not the degree title (I think that’s BMedSci/MD or close to) and won’t appear on the testamur.

Status
Not open for further replies.