Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

rejecting the offer & Starting date for semester 1

arg

Hi guys, just a quick question for those who completed enrollment process, when is the actual starting date for the course (semester 1) ?
Plus, I still havn't made up my mind yet (due to personal/financial reasons), would it be possible for me to accept the QTAC offer for now (which is due today) and withdraw it later before semester starts if anything happends or won't be able to resolve my personal issues by then? I'm sorry for those who's waitin for 2nd round offers. Thanks again.

Cheeseplz

Lurker
Official starting date would be 29th Feb or 1st March depending on your time table. However, compulsory orientation is on 25th Feb. As far as accepting until you can work stuff out, I don't see why you couldn't so long as you properly withdrawal/discontinuation by the census period, or better, as soon as you know.

Are you out of state by any chance? Whatever personal issues need resolved, I wish you the best. There's a few of us having "oh crap" moments.

Cheers

arg

Hi Cheeseplz thanks for your reply. When you say census period, is this the orientation day you talking about ? Or are there exact dates which uni announced ? (I can see that census date for other courses is 27th of March from the website). I tried to click dentistry and oral health academic calender from "https://www.griffith.edu.au/students/enrolment-timetables/important-dates" but somehow I cannot log in.
Yes I'm not in queensland atm.
Once again, thanks for your advice.
Regards

Last edited:

Cheeseplz

Lurker
Hi Arg,

The census date is when you can withdrawl without academic or financial penalty (aka, last drop date). This would be sometime in March, but I'm assuming you will decide waaaaayy before then. I think you are over-stressing. Many people hold offers right up until official start date. I would strongly suggest you decide by then, or earlier (ethically speaking). Interstate here as well...

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads