Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: Psychometric Test

Jason990090

Royal College of Surgeons MBBch (grad med pathway)
hey guys is the bond psychometric test timed?
Like only 2 hours to do it? or open untill the 9pm of 13th feb??

May

Hey,
Has anyone here done the psychometric test? If you have it would be great if you could give me an example of what it is like, please!!
Thankssss :)

namida

ms-owesome
Hey Namida
What do you mean by 16PF Questionnaire?/ What does PF stand for?

Thanks, and good luck to you too :)
It means the "16 Personality Factor Questionnaire". You're welcome. (you can find more info about it on Google or Revelian's website)

Jason990090

Hey guys both my friend (Flinders uni) and I (Adelaide Uni) applied to bond's program in 2019 and we took their online test but did not receive an interview.

Bond has now confirmed that we will not be able to sit the test in 2020 as the company has a policy of not allowing applicants to sit the test within a 12 month period.

This is a massive heads up for anyone who is applying to Bond's medical program in 2020. The screenshot from my friend is attached to this email. I have blurred out my friends name. bond email.png

I feel that this warrants a thread on its own as it is very important information.

A1

Rookie Doc
In the email above the person did not mention a Bond's reason why you would not be able to resit the test in 2020, so presumably it was simply based on the testing company's rule/policy of not allowing applicants to resit within a 12 month period.

As such I would write to the testing company, give them the date you sat the test in 2019, and challenge them as to why you cannot sit the test again on the date+1 in 2020.

Jason990090

The dates given by bond cannot be changed apparently. But we will try and get more info and update this thread.

A1

Rookie Doc
The dates given by bond cannot be changed apparently. But we will try and get more info and update this thread.

I just browsed through old posts and see where the problem lies. Bond set the 2019 test dates as 9am 12-Feb to 9pm 13-Feb, but 2020 as 9am 10-Feb to 9pm 12-Feb. So Bond has advanced the 2020 test window by two days making most of it within 12 months of last year's.

Technically if you did the 2019 test on 12-Feb am you should be allowed to redo on 12-Feb pm 2020, but it's silly to have to resort to that kind of argument. Both Bond and the test company (Revelian?) should get their heads together to mitigate this.

D

Deleted member 38134

Hey guys both my friend (Flinders uni) and I (Adelaide Uni) applied to bond's program in 2019 and we took their online test but did not receive an interview.

Bond has now confirmed that we will not be able to sit the test in 2020 as the company has a policy of not allowing applicants to sit the test within a 12 month period.

This is a massive heads up for anyone who is applying to Bond's medical program in 2020. The screenshot from my friend is attached to this email. I have blurred out my friends name. View attachment 3060

I feel that this warrants a thread on its own as it is very important information.
What does she mean when she says that your test results obtained in 2019 are not a predictor for future applications? Does That mean that they wont be using your 2019 results? And what if you made it to the interview last year, does it mean you don't have to sit the test?

D

Deleted member 38134

Hey guys is there any way to study or prepare for the psychometric test?
Thank u
I've done it before and it was quite simply. They pretty much ask you how you feel after reading or seeing stimulus they give you. Nothing complex or difficult. More of a personality thing

Jason990090

So basically they will use the 2019 psychometric results but not your interview or GPA from last year. Did you get an interview last year?

but someone else has said that they were allowed to take the test so i dont know wtf is going on at this point hahaha

pt88

JCU is likely your only Med option. You can only sit the Bond psychometric test once in 12 months, so it will depend on the date of your 2020 assessment and the date of your 2021 assessment, I think. It's a bit of a silly system if you ask me.
Just going to chime in here, I did email Bond earlier this year with a number of questions re: my application. Heres an extract from the email

"You are correct in saying that traditionally, if you have completed a psychometric test within the last 12 months, you will not be able to take another. However if the psychometric test was taken as a part of the application process for the Bond medical program you will be permitted to resit the test for a new Bond Medical Program application even if this falls under the 12 month period."

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Just going to chime in here, I did email Bond earlier this year with a number of questions re: my application. Heres an extract from the email

"You are correct in saying that traditionally, if you have completed a psychometric test within the last 12 months, you will not be able to take another. However if the psychometric test was taken as a part of the application process for the Bond medical program you will be permitted to resit the test for a new Bond Medical Program application even if this falls under the 12 month period."

Hopefully this is true!! We’ve had Bond Med applicants report being told the opposite before, but honestly, this makes much more sense to me.

okthe

does that mean u can apply every year?