Rural preferential scheme for internship in NSW

JeremiahGreenspoon

Antonyms for lovely include ugly and hateful, perhaps you could be an ugly and hateful GP? :p

GP with the odd rostered ED shift seems appealing to me, at this pre-conception stage of my career. Balanced out the lovely with some ugly.

woozy

What sort of questions do they ask? Also is the grading and selection process at each RPR hospital different? e.g. CV % weighting with references worth a certain %, transcript %?

What is the point of this scheme? I don't really understand it. Also, What's the benefit of this scheme?

To get an internship, don't you just ask the practice/clinic?

NDR

What sort of questions do they ask? Also is the grading and selection process at each RPR hospital different? e.g. CV % weighting with references worth a certain %, transcript %?
Bump.
What is the 'merit' criteria? and what questions are asked in the interview?

robbo845

Lurker
Got an RPR offer for 2022 as a Category 2 applicant. I'm waiting on my partner (internationals student) to hear about where she may get. I know I have to either accept or decline this RPR offer by tomorrow and was wondering if I "accept" but then potentially back out of this alter on when the situation with my partner is further clarified?

NDR

Got an RPR offer for 2022 as a Category 2 applicant. I'm waiting on my partner (internationals student) to hear about where she may get. I know I have to either accept or decline this RPR offer by tomorrow and was wondering if I "accept" but then potentially back out of this alter on when the situation with my partner is further clarified?
Congratulations on the offer. I'm sorry i can't help you with an answer but was wondering if you could tell me what the merit criteria for RPR are?

A1

Admissions Speculator
I have no experience in this but let me give a shot. I remember reading somewhere you can only accept one internship offer across Australia. So that's the restriction - if you accept this RPR you are not supposed to accept another one somewhere else.

Other than that, if you accept then later want to back out I don't think anyone can force you not to. Hope someone more experienced can chip in.