• UCAT PREP COMPANY DISCUSSION: Site administrators have implemented a rule that states there is to be NO mention of UCAT prep companies. This includes discussion, recommendations, questions, and reviews, and extends to allusions, acronyms, and other other attempts to get around the rule. Offending content will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be warned and may be banned.

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Semester 2 in the COVID world

bigyikes

WSU MD I
Hey everyone! Seeing as a turbulent semester 1 has come to an end, I was wondering what your schools' plans are (if confirmed) about learning in semester 2. I'm curious to see how the other medical schools across Australia are handling teaching for the rest of the year, seeing as (thankfully) things are subsiding for now.

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
UWA MD resumes hospital rotations next week. I'm not sure about the undergrad provisionals.
Undergrad provisionals from UWA have it in person, but an option to do the whole thing online as well for next semester

Crow

Moderator Band 🦧
All lectures and tutorials at Griffith will be online for the rest of the year. Clinical skills will resume in person in a couple of weeks for pre-clinical students and clinical students never stopped with their rotations to the best of my knowledge. The rest of the uni has pledged to run all of their courses entirely online apart from those needing to do compulsory practical sessions.

LMG!

Staff Member of the Year 2019
UTAS: Core lectures and tutorials for pre-clin (first and second year) and 'pseudoclin' (third year at UTAS is 3 days clin, 2 days pre-clin) will be online. Clin skills will resume in some way for pre-clin (I'm not pre-clin so I don't know exact details), and rotations will resume as best as can be facilitated by the hospitals and GP clinics for third year. We third years are mid-exams so don't have exact details yet. We've been told the info will be released after exams. No word yet on end of year OSCEs or exams. Mid-year OSCEs were postponed, exams were(/are, I have one left) online.

Isiyara

UQ MD I
UQ
Phase 1 (yr 1/2): Most classes will still be online except for clinical skills and science-based practicals which will resume in-person (with modifications)
Phase 2 (yr 3/4): Not 100% sure, but it seems like most placements are still happening and they have scheduled in a non-assessed 'catch-up block' to make up for clinical experience at the end of Sem 2.

Eliden

1st yr, B Med Sci MD at UoN
We'll be doing a socially distanced bootcamp to make up for the clin skills we've missed, followed by in person clin skills once a week until at least October. Lectures and PBLs will still be online. Not sure when anatomy labs will start up again.

Some guy

WSU year 1 clinical skills and anatomy labs face-to-face from weeks 1-2, lectures and PBL still online for now.