Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

September admission point into Bond Medicine.

Ian Naga

Lurker
Alert: There is an additional Sept entry point from this year at Bond. Posting this in case this is of some benefit to folks on this forum. This is indeed a good development giving additional flexibility. Best wishes all.

Source: Somebody in the Bond program alerted me to this email from the Dean "In an exciting innovation for the Bond Medical Program, we are in discussion with the Australian Medical Council (AMC) to potentially offer a September admission point into Medicine. This entry route is in addition to our existing May admission."

JJS

Hey, I just want to let you know that as it currently stands, it appears that this entry point is only available to the commencing 2020 cohort. The offering for this admission point was due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19 and based off of the following statement below, I would assume this is a once-off occurrence.

"Our reason for offering the September intake in 2020 is to provide more flexibility and choice for students who may be experiencing difficulty commencing in May due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

However, since they have received approval from the AMC, there could possibly be a September admission point in the future if that approval was extended.

Crow

Moderator Band 🦧
Hey, I just want to let you know that as it currently stands, it appears that this entry point is only available to the commencing 2020 cohort. The offering for this admission point was due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19 and based off of the following statement below, I would assume this is a once-off occurrence.

"Our reason for offering the September intake in 2020 is to provide more flexibility and choice for students who may be experiencing difficulty commencing in May due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

However, since they have received approval from the AMC, there could possibly be a September admission point in the future if that approval was extended.
How are they planning to run the program for another set of students in a different timeline to all of the others? Are these additional places to the usual intake? Has Bond found extra clinical placements for these students and what’s the size of the intake?

Reactions: JJS

JJS

How are they planning to run the program for another set of students in a different timeline to all of the others? Are these additional places to the usual intake? Has Bond found extra clinical placements for these students and what’s the size of the intake?
Hey Crow, the information provided has indicated that the course will cover the same content and be of the same duration (4 Years 8 months), with those choosing this option graduating in March/April 2025. This will allow them to begin internship mid-year or 2026 if they choose to take the remaining year off.

In terms of intake, no information has been provided to suggest that new students will be admitted, only that this is an option to the students admitted for the current May 2020 start date specifically because of the current situation, as indicated in a prior post. The reason this was added was to allow students more flexibility since situations may have changed in regards to family commitments/finances. Since no new students are to be admitted I would assume no extra clinical placements have been found.

That's all the information that we have been provided with, but I just wanted to bring transparency to the situation more than just "he said, she said" which could really disappoint prospective students.

Crow

Moderator Band 🦧
Thanks for the info JJS :) So this is actually just an option for those who have already been accepted into the 2020 intake? I.e. there's no additional admissions process that will be occurring / second opportunity for those who missed out the first time around?