Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

so who's re-sitting the UMAT next year???

Status
Not open for further replies.

postman

hey postman,

thanks for the reassurance. hopefully it will work out for me as well. if u don't mind me asking, wat was yr umat score in the second attempt? also, considering the exhausting competition in HSFY to get good grades in uni papers, do u get enough tym to prepare for UMAT?

hi, sorry for the late reply. i got 201 total for raw scores second time round.

IMO you dont have enough time to prepare, and if i was to do it all again, i'd start at the begining of the year before HSFY even started. But in saying that, you can develop skills during the course that will help in the umat.

lordgarlic

MSO Kiwi #1
Emeritus Staff
hi, sorry for the late reply. i got 201 total for raw scores second time round.

IMO you dont have enough time to prepare, and if i was to do it all again, i'd start at the begining of the year before HSFY even started. But in saying that, you can develop skills during the course that will help in the umat.

oh postman how is HSFY going for you?

postman

hey postman what was your initial score?

It was such a long time ago that Im not sure of the specifics but i think it was around 130 or 140 raw. My percentiles that year was 170 total, Im sure of that.

As for how HSFY is going... I'm glad its nearly over.

moody89

meh i got 163 raw and 218 percentile. got an offer for dent at adelaide.. but i want med so i'll prob be oding hte umat agian next year to try out for uws or uncle or unsw.

and i totally agree wtih the crapness of the umat... especally section 2. To highlight its extreme stupidity, i know a mate who got 93% in sec 2 last year... he's now doing med at uws, and he redid the umat again (i dont know why).. and his perc for sec 2 this time was 33 or something... how can someone lose their supposed "interpersonal skills" after studying 1 year of med in a course which emphasises on communications and clinical aspect of medicine

eric341

Maybe he had a bad day or didn't really care whether he did well or not.

You can't criticize the validity of the umat based on the result of one person :p

Malface

I kind of want to resit if I don't get in this year, but my scores weren't terrible (173 raw) and I'm worried I might do worse next time. I don't know ...

kareem

i thinkt its the best thing we got right now
its only flaw is that it is mutliple choice
but it def. not foolproof

elainsie

I kind of want to resit if I don't get in this year, but my scores weren't terrible (173 raw) and I'm worried I might do worse next time. I don't know ...

From the opinion of myself and my friends almost everyone who re-did it scored higher. Not sure about general popn but I got 12 points higher 2nd time round?

moo

lol not me. i resat it and dropped 8 points down to 165 even though i was absolutely certain that i did way better.

Last edited:

L337

Based God
Emeritus Staff
There is no predetermined maximum raw score, but obviously the maximum percentile possible in any given year is 100, lolz. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.